TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

9 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Who?

I've known Miranda Otto's work since I was introduced to her on-screen in Lord of the Rings more than 20 years ago...but her career went all over the place since then.  She's great in the underseen gem "Downhill" with Will Ferrell and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss!  

On 1/29/2022 at 1:56 PM, Macleod said:

I've known Miranda Otto's work since I was introduced to her on-screen in Lord of the Rings more than 20 years ago...but her career went all over the place since then.  She's great in the underseen gem "Downhill" with Will Ferrell and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss!  

I was impressed with her as Eowyn...exactly how I imagined the charecter to be...and thought she might be the next big thing from down under, but it never happened. She has been doing mainly TV for a number of years.

300m+ seems like a safe bet for this no? every MCU third movie has had a pretty sizable increase, and kang will make it relevant in a way the past films weren’t

Iron Man 3: +31% (312m —> 409m)

Captain America 3: +57% (260m —> 408m)

Thor 3: +53% (206m —> 315m)

NWH: +106% (390m —> 804m) (also probably not a great comparison)

needs a 39% increase to get there. personally over/under 350 sounds about right to me

Edited by Eevin
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eevin said:

300m+ seems like a safe bet for this no? every MCU third movie has had a pretty sizable increase, and kang will make it relevant in a way the past films weren’t

needs a 39% increase to get there. personally over/under 350 sounds about right to me

Without ticket price inflation, I would have said +30-35% (so about $280-290M). However, with the explosion of inflation over the last 9 months I would now add 15% to that increase, so $325-335M. My main issue with this now is how will the move from Summer to February affect it.

25 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Put this in November (it wrapped in November 2021) and put BP: WF in its February spot. 5 years later in the same spot.

Not happening. They didn't move before, won't move now. They showed to exhibitors in CinemaCon its coming this year. 

If they had any interest in swapping dates, they would have said it in CinemaCon and announced it there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Not happening. They didn't move before, won't move now. They showed to exhibitors in CinemaCon its coming this year. 

If they had any interest in swapping dates, they would have said it in CinemaCon and announced it there. 

Not saying it is. Just saying it would have been ideal.

On 4/29/2022 at 12:47 PM, Eevin said:

I do think there will be an increase and $300M could very well be possible, but I don't think any of these are good comparisions.

Iron Man 3 had an increase because it was the fist MCU movie after Avengers which helped its BO a lot.

CW was literally Avengers 2.5

Thor Ragnarok might be the closest comparison but it had a very fresh vibe to it and the Hulk. If Ant-Man 3 looks a lot like the previous 2 that could affect BO.

NWH was the culmination of 20 years worth of Spider-Man films and the return of Tobey and the first proper Multiverse film.

2018-2023 will have more inflation than any of them. Kang will be its Hulk, and it should lose the comedic side characters and actually be a big scale lore important movie. Also the first AM movie since they appeared in Endgame. 300+ should be quite safe with an outside chance of 400

Edited by Illuminegion Confirmed