sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates - Midway 17.5, Sleep 14.1, Fire 12.8, Xmas 11.6, Terminatah 10.8, Jokah 9.2, Mal2 8

16 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Friday was 5.2.

Warner estimates could be wrong but 0.4M is a big difference... 

if the studio is desperate to report it above 5 od who knows.

conversely, even though they say 1.5 previews included both the previews maybe 0.4 was unaccounted for and wb didn't care to clarify it as the numbers are too unenthusiastic.

54 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm happy for Roland Emmerich, defeating 3 major studio releases with an independent film.

Midway could also outgross movies like Ad Astra and Gemini Man at the domestic box office.

:bravo:

This weekend also represent the 10th year anniversary of his last mega success' 2012 opening weekend, which amounted to 66m opening number, a number that Mid-way can't even reach with its total gross.  

I know people are shocked by Dr. Sleep, believe me, I am too.  However, Joker in its 6th weekend will be less than $1.5M from DFs 2nd weekend.

That’s a monumental flop.  It had already opened so low last week and it’s going to barely get past $10M this weekend.

Edited by lobogotti
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lobogotti said:

I know people are shocked by Dr. Sleep, believe me, I am too.  However, Joker in its 6th weekend will be less than $1.5M from DFs 2nd weekend.

That’s a monumental flop.  It had already opened so low last week and it’s going to barely get past $10M this weekend.

Many moviefans are laughing at Dark Fate, but many moviefans are also feel very sad for Doctor Sleep.

But it doesn't matter too much.  Both films flop disastrously, and Charlie's Angels will finish the trilogy.

Edited by John2015

Also, Joker is going to make $800k+ more in its 6th weekend than Endgame did.  Just remarkable.  AE went onto make $43M from its 6th weekend.

Now I know that Joker will be fighting for screens, but it will run well through Thanksgiving.  BO total will be $320M+ by next Sunday and well over $330M thru Thanksgiving.

The question is, with the awards chatter, when will they re-release it or re-expand it? They can’t really wait until nominations, can they?

Edited by lobogotti

1 minute ago, lobogotti said:

Also, Joker is going to make $800k+ more in its 6th weekend than Endgame did.  Just remarkable.  AE went onto make $43M from its 6th weekend.

Now I know that Joker will be fighting for screens, but it will run well through Thanksgiving.  BO total will be $320M+ by next Sunday and weok over $330M thru Thanksgiving.

The question is, with the awards chatter, when will they re-release it or re-expand it? They can’t really wait until nominations, can they?

2x this weekend more gives 331. that's average legs and very much below-average going by Joker's trending so far. I think 2.5x this weekend more for 313.5 + 9*2.5 = 336 is more or less certain while am hoping for 340. Awards season bounce and possible re-release keeps 350 in play even if by a thin rope.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

2x this weekend more gives 331. that's average legs and very much below-average going by Joker's trending so far. I think 2.5x this weekend more for 313.5 + 9*2.5 = 336 is more or less certain while am hoping for 340. Awards season bounce and possible re-release keeps 350 in play even if by a thin rope.

My thoughts too.  $350M still seems possible with an awards push... but also not likely.

22 minutes ago, a2k said:

T5 had a 13.8 2nd weekend and added 21 more to it's cume. If T6 does similar after a 10.5 weekend it gets to 64 dom, 2.2x multi.

Dark Fate is much better received by critics and audiences, it will have much better late legs than Genisys.

I hope Doctor Sleep find public after theaters, it’s one of the best movies about trauma / depression i’ve seen recently, really beautiful and inspiring to watch.

They really shouldn’t tried to sell this as an typical horror movie because the movie looks bland on trailers, maybe show what the movie truly is on marketing could help.

By far the saddest failure this year to me, i hope at least Knives Out breakout in a few weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Dark Fate is much better received by critics and audiences, it will have much better late legs than Genisys.

No.  Movies like "Dark Fate" and "Doctor Sleep" won't have legs.  Most audience will wait for streaming.

Like "Dredd".  The film had terrible box office legs, and then the film is finding big audience through streaming.

• Like 1

Dark Fate is also very decent, it has some really good ideas, it needed a better script and director to be a really good movie aswell, but it’s good anyway.

This is the typical movie that paid for years on deception, this could be a hit without so many bombs behind it. But the marketing is the worst part, even worse than Doctor Sleep, they make a entertaining movie looks like an absolute trash.

Edited by ThomasNicole