sfran43

Weekend Thread: FvF vroooms past 30M+; Say Goodnight Angels with 8M for CA; Waves washes up 37k+ PTA

2 hours ago, baumer said:

I saw Dr. Sleep yesterday.  @Krissykins @75Live....curious if you have seen it,

I really enjoyed it.  I thought it was a perfect blend of King's vision and a really good vision of what Kubrick did with the original as well.  Rebecca Ferguson was terrific as was the young actress who played Abra, in fact she was really good.  I think she's worthy of a best supporting nom.

Too bad it's not doing well.

I saw it and feel the same way.  I thought it was really good and a good sequel, companion piece to the first movie. 

It somehow was able to combine both people's ideas into one

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

Ford v Ferrari well-deserved first place at the Domestic Box Office. Incredible acting by Bale, and very engaging pace and good storyline; not surprised by the A+ RT score and 99% RT audience score. WoM will be very strong going forward.

Overseas appeal is limited though, i feel. Watched it here in Singapore...I think in Asia, it may lose out to Charlie's Angel just because it is marketed almost like an independent film. I honestly hope i am wrong. 

6 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Ford v Ferrari well-deserved first place at the Domestic Box Office. Incredible acting by Bale, and very engaging pace and good storyline; not surprised by the A+ RT score and 99% RT audience score. WoM will be very strong going forward.

Overseas appeal is limited though, i feel. Watched it here in Singapore...I think in Asia, it may lose out to Charlie's Angel just because it is marketed almost like an independent film. I honestly hope i am wrong. 

FvsF will open in Russia with around $3.2M-$3.3M.

Very good. 

3 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

baby driver did ~38.5 in asia/pacific removing australia and japan (cause it plays like a european market at times, so they say). china contributed 16.5 of that 38.5.

rest of os was ~81 for a total os of 119-120.

dom was 108.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/releasegroup/gr2790674949/

On 11/16/2019 at 6:46 AM, Eric Plus said:

I'd be shocked if Neighborhood doesn't get an A+. Seems like an easy crowdpleaser candidate.

While I don't think it's an awards contender, it's a lovely heartwarming film so A or A+ is pretty much cert.

1 hour ago, a2k said:

baby driver did ~38.5 in asia/pacific removing australia and japan (cause it plays like a european market at times, so they say). china contributed 16.5 of that 38.5.

rest of os was ~81 for a total os of 119-120.

dom was 108.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/releasegroup/gr2790674949/

Certainly hope so; not sure whether FvF will open in China and its title in most of the Europe country is less than appealing / relatively unknown...