TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nice. Go and check it out.

Seeing how I'm literally on the other side of the world as Irvine for the time being, it will be just a bit hard to do that.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 12:39 AM, grim22 said:

Seeing how I'm literally on the other side of the world as Irvine for the time being, it will be just a bit hard to do that.

And it is a real test screening, the studio will go to great pains to guarantee a cross section of the General Aueince, and not have it flooded with Comic Books fans, who will give a false read as to public acceptance. 

I am really curious about what the Musical Numbers will look like, since the rumors that the basic  plot line for Harley is lot like that for Wanda in Wandavision, except for classic movie musicals instead of sitcoms.

Runtime is supposedly 2 hours 20 minutes or 2 hours 29 minutes. Ruimy claims it's 2:29, that was the length of a secret test-screening that happened many months ago outside NYC and California.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Firepower said:

Runtime is supposedly 2 hours 20 minutes or 2 hours 29 minutes. Ruimy claims it's 2:29, that was the length of a secret test-screening that happened many months ago outside NYC and California.

I read that. Odd that there was no mention of whether the movie is good or bad. 

The realiable account about this on twitter said it´s 2:20, but it´s likely without credits so 149 minutes seems fair 

9 minutes ago, Flopped said:

I read that. Odd that there was no mention of whether the movie is good or bad. 

Maybe is for the best after The Flash situation. The movie is going to Venice apparently in competition again, it´s already clear what the studio believes quality-wise

“She’s so good in it, you guys,” said Maisler. “She’s going to blow your mind. I didn’t suggest Lady Gaga. It wasn’t my idea. That was Todd Phillips, before me. But I will tell you, she’s really surprising — and really good. I saw it and I was really surprised. I mean, we all knew what she could do in A Star is Born, but I thought, ‘Oh, well, that’s kind of in her wheelhouse.’ Something she could do and just be real. But this… Man, she’s good. Joaquin blows your mind, but that she could keep up with him, and be real — and not just wiped off the screen by what that role is and what the performance is — shows she’s good.”

https://deadline.com/2024/07/casting-director-francine-maisler-joker-folie-a-deux-lady-gaga-austin-butler-sarah-snook-1236002327/

Joker 2 casting director talking about Lady Gaga's performance.

I'm so excited. Less than 3 months to go! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TylerG said:

https://deadline.com/2024/07/casting-director-francine-maisler-joker-folie-a-deux-lady-gaga-austin-butler-sarah-snook-1236002327/

Joker 2 casting director talking about Lady Gaga's performance.

I'm so excited. Less than 3 months to go! 

No disrespect to Lady Gaga, but I think they should have picked Taylor Swift over her for this role.

• Haha 10
  • Disbelief 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, BigBoxOfficeBucks said:

No disrespect to Lady Gaga, but I think they should have picked Taylor Swift over her for this role.

Yeah, right.

nicholas-cage-funny.gif

Edited by TylerG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Besides the fact that Taylor is untalented (have you seen her try to act in her music videos?), I can't imagine her cringeworthy 40-going-on-14, "like oh em gee he broke up with me like let's pull out our diaries and write a song about it" white girl persona trying to be edgy in a violent R-rated movie. 

She should stick to her PR "romances" and songs revolving around them. 

Edited by Flopped
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

(have you seen her try to act in her music videos?)

haven't seen her music videos, but she was great in Cats. And mediocre  in Amsterdam

I didn't like Gaga in A star is born and Gucci but Folie a Deux looks like a perfect role for her

11 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Gaga is easily more talented than Taylor 

Not that I disagree with your statement. But Taylor is way more popular now. If you think from the point of view of Box Office, she is a better choice. 

By the way Taylor is more sexually appealing. And she definitely got acting chops for the role as shown in the following video.
The whole music video is like Harley breaking out from the Arkham Asylum. She can definitely act CRAZY if need be.

• Haha 2