TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

There's so much doom, gloom and concern trolling here I actually expect it to have a much better reception than people predict now and then average Joe looking for excuses why they didn't show up after watching it on Max later this year.

It's 62% on RT with 6.6 avg so far with hundreds more to go and yet this thread feels like it got Borderlands/The Crow reviews.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

There's so much doom, gloom and concern trolling here I actually expect it to have a much better reception than people predict now and then average Joe looking for excuses why they didn't show up after watching it on Max later this year.

It's 62% on RT with 6.6 avg so far with hundreds more to go and yet this thread feels like it got Borderlands/The Crow reviews.

RT score always goes down with more reviews, not up. 

• Like 2

reviews are not bad at a level to kill hype. It's not the sequel of the godfather taking 50 on metacritic. Why people should be that upset?.

If the interest is low than expected would have been anyways. 

The problem is not if the movie is at 50% or 70% but most that a lot of opinions are like "people searching for a good musical or and songs are gonna be leftdown cause it doesn't work well and first movie fans will be upset cause the movie try to sell them they loved the first movie for the wrong reasons"

so the risk "no one" (in terms of different targets of movie fans not unique spectators) will like it is on the table. 

Edited by vale9001

The presales are awful but the ´´must be the reviews´´ arguments are nonsense to me 

The reviews are insanely similar to the first one, it´s fresh on RT. You can´t sell less tickets than The Marvels because of a fresh 62% on RT come on now 

38 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Thanks for your very insightful 'um ackhually', reminding me why I've had you muted on here for years.

Is pointing out that something doesn’t actually always happen one way really much of an “um ackshually”??? I don’t really think that’s how that phrase works 😛 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nero said:

People are weird but it can really happen. Say 20 something Batman faces off against master of crime who manipulates others instead of fighting on his own. Can easily be done tbh

That's one of the reasons the first movie did good, people thought it was setting up a new Batman universe. Normie fans expected he would face off against Battinson some day.

This probably kills Lady Gaga's film career even though it's not her fault. And given how she's mishandled her music career for years, things aren't looking good for her. Not Katy Perry level bad of course, but not good. 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Flopped said:

This probably kills Lady Gaga's film career even though it's not her fault. And given how she's mishandled her music career for years, things aren't looking good for her. Not Katy Perry level bad of course, but not good. 

This makes no sense, all her reviews are positive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flopped said:

She'll find a way to resurrect her film career if this does kill it, but I don't think it will. She probably has another role lined up already.

5 minutes ago, Flopped said:

This probably kills Lady Gaga's film career even though it's not her fault. And given how she's mishandled her music career for years, things aren't looking good for her.

um ackshually her last album was quite successful 

Edited by cinema pal
  • Like 1

Just now, Mojoguy said:

The whole Joker but now it's a musical too was a really bad idea to start, you are putting off the core CBM audience that doesn't like musicals.

Yeah, i suppose that's the main culprit why people are not excited about the movie and tickets sales are low.

What WB trailer do we think will premiere with this?

Companion? - Jan. 10

Mickey 17? - Jan 31 - delay?

Midnight Smile (?) - Mar 7 - also in IMAX 70MM a la Joker

or Superman - July 11 - DC

OR surprise Horizon 2 release for Holiday 2024.

Edited by crazymoviekid

Just now, crazymoviekid said:

What WB trailer do we think will premiere with this?

Companion? - Jan. 10

Mickey 17? - Jan 31 - delay?

Midnight Smile (?) - Mar 7 - also in IMAX 70MM a la Joker

or Superman - July 11 - DC

I'd love to see a trailer for Mickey 17. I doubt a Superman trailer will release this early