TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

6 hours ago, MightyDargon said:

Ah yes I see "anyone who doesn't like Joker 2 is a Funko critic" is now the attempted party line on here. Good luck with that one buddy.

I guess the have not read the audeince ratings......

57 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Seeing this in 1 hour! Please send some thoughts and prayers. I am purely seeing this because I am a gay man and will see anything with Gaga in it. 

Bullshit.

That is exactly what this "If you like Gaga and are a man you are gay" nonsense is.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

In hindsight, Joker does feel like the kind of movie that only really could’ve been a big hit in the late 2010s. Something about it just seemed perfectly evocative of the culture at the time. 

Yuo can say that about a lot of movies.....including, Ironically enough, Taxi Driver.

41 minutes ago, Opium said:

Not only is not a shock that Phillips took the direction he took with the sequel - his whole career is Donny at the end of Assassination Nation "I don't know... For the lulz" with really nothing worth engaging beyond that simple notion - it's even less of a surprise there are reactions on X like this one.

Just left the theater.

There is a great film here muddled underneath the musical sequences (I'd say one or maybe two musical sequences did anything to forward the story). This should NOT have been a musical whatsoever. 

There were sequences with so much tension and anticipation that are immediately extinguished of all momentum once the singing begins. Utterly unnecessary for this to have been a musical and it robbed the film from delving deeper into its characters.

It has a lot to say, though. I'd give it a C - the musical scenes were so aggravating. 

I saw it with three others...all are in complete agreement that they would have enjoyed the film had it not been a musical. Dumbass decision from WB to allow it.

10 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

Hmm

This is confusing to me because it’s very obvious no one in the industry was expecting this financial disaster. Obviously no one expects or hopes for bombs, but no one know about this? And if they did, it didn’t set off red flags in the industry.

We had Jeff Sneider saying Planet of the Apes tested poorly months in advance and it still did fine, but a Joker musical sequel not test screening didn’t make waves?

Also this is the same studio that convinced people that The Flash was a once-in-a-generation kind of film, so maybe studios are much better at keeping a lid on things or selling a narrative than I thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Grace Randolph and Critical Drinker on one page?

Double whammy of fucking morons no one should listen to

Well Grace Randolph liked one of my tweets, so she can stay. Critical Drinker can be shot to the sky though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2