Eric the Fall Guy

FROZEN II WEEKEND THREAD | 130.26M OW | BLACK FRIDAY WEEK SALE: Gold Accounts 25% OFF | I like warm hugs and I cannot lie | No Knives Out Spoilers :)

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Can someone just tell me what Frozen II's previews mean for its weekend?

$115 to $125 M OW ..

Edit :- only estimate .. wait for Fri figure.. than we can get an idea about OW 

Edited by Sunny Max
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Last night’s audience for Beautiful Day was 48% females over 25, 38% males over 25, 8% females under 25 and 6% males under 25.

No kids showing up for ABDITN. Somewhat ironic considering it's about a kids show.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

What’s the precedent on that Sun drop?   

For Survivor I went 

Cautiously optimistic still.

didn't check for one. felt that big sun follows a big sat and with some people having monday off sun will be strong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Very little. Let us wait for today's numbers.

Expanding on this. If you read the tracking thread 8.5 million was entirely predictable, but Friday ps was way ahead of Thursday and then Saturday was far ahead of even that. It's not going to play like any mega opener we've seen before.

• Thanks 1

explain this (from the deadline weekend numbers article):

Anything above $100M is most appreciated as exhibitors are hit starved in this tentpole dry November marketplace with Seeking Alpha reporting this morning that key exhibition stocks have hit new 52 week lows this morning with Cinemark (CNK -1.8%), AMC Entertainment (AMC -4.4%) and Marcus Corporation (MCS -4.9%). 

Are these theater stocks just hitting a low today? This week? Due to underperforming sequels lately, or due to the fact that Paramount and Disney and Warner can now open their own theaters?

I wish I could come into these weekend threads and discuss box office but it is always the same song and dance. The constant whining and melodrama about how theaters are dead is utterly embarrassing. Oh well, I guess I could start using the block button again.

I'm going to actually wait to see what the film heading towards Children does on Friday and Saturday. Strange I know. You'd think some people would stop the hyperbole after they were proven wrong about Toy Story 4 flopping but they won't. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, kitik said:

Are these theater stocks just hitting a low today? This week? Due to underperforming sequels lately, or due to the fact that Paramount and Disney and Warner can now open their own theaters?

They have always been able to do that though. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/real-impact-getting-rid-paramount-consent-decrees-1134938

10 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

lol, when even Disney movies are underperforming I think we can oficially say that cinema (as we know) is dead and buried. 

Well that's hyperbole.

Sunday isn't going to play out like a normal Sunday. A lot of people are off next week so Sunday's hold will be much better than normal.

Edited by jedijake

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I wish I could come into these weekend threads and discuss box office but it is always the same song and dance. The constant whining and melodrama about how theaters are dead is utterly embarrassing. Oh well, I guess I could start using the block button again.

I'm going to actually wait to see what the film heading towards Children does on Friday and Saturday. Strange I know. You'd think some people would stop the hyperbole after they were proven wrong about Toy Story 4 flopping but they won't. 

hey 120 is a flop, its not even close to 200 ow, there is no way to make this look good :d

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kitik said:

No kids showing up for ABDITN. Somewhat ironic considering it's about a kids show.

It does seem like it cut into Frozen 2...that female turnout number of 48% over 25 had to hurt Frozen 2's previews a little...wonder if that keeps happening all weekend...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1