Eric Deetz

A Complete Unknown | Christmas Day 2024 | James Mangold directs | TIMOTHEE CHALAMET IS BOB DYLAN | Cinema has been saved!!!!

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I wonder when they'll change the title to Bob Dylan: A Complete Unknown.

probably no since Mangold say it's rather a period movie than a biography one

Very very skeptical of this casting but I have to stand by my long stated obligation to praise any actor who does their own singing instead of lip syncing, which is stupid and lame. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

has @Eric Twister seen this

Just got to it.

Looks like every other music biopic. Not in a good way, because those movie suck eggs.

However, with all that said....

HIS HAIR HIS VOICE HIS BEAUTY MY BELOVED YOU ARE SO A;LSKJGAIUTGRHIUTOERHYIOUHGOIJEHTWEOIUFHSJKLFH

SO READY SO HYPED LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Haha 1

I know everyone lost their shit for Walk The Line but I maintain that no music biopic has ever been better than just ok, and most are absolutely dreadful. Which is to say, I don’t hold my breath for this 

44 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Rocketman was terrific. Mainly because Elton was involved and the actor killed it.

Elton was involved and he was all for show all my mess which made it far more human and therefor more interesting and enjoyable than most biopics. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Honestly it was the same movie as Bohemian Rhapsody, just with a less problematic director and a little more visual flair

Eh. That was a cradle to the crave biopic, this is just about one segment of Dylan's life (I think it ends with him going electric). Mangold has said it's a period movie about America wrapped in a musical biopic. I'm not saying I think it'll be very good. I have major doubts. I'm just saying.

Also, Timothee sings all of his own songs! Rami didn't sing a note.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Eh. That was a cradle to the crave biopic, this is just about one segment of Dylan's life (I think it ends with him going electric). Mangold has said it's a period movie about America wrapped in a musical biopic. I'm not saying I think it'll be very good. I have major doubts. I'm just saying.

I was talking about Rocketman, not this.

As far as A Complete Unknown goes, I'm sure it will be well made and Timothee will get some deserved awards attention, but it just seems like the most boring awards bait possible to me. It also pretty much confirms Searchlight is dumping Blink of an Eye which bums me out as a Stanton stan.

3 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I was talking about Rocketman, not this.

As far as A Complete Unknown goes, I'm sure it will be well made and Timothee will get some deserved awards attention, but it just seems like the most boring awards bait possible to me. It also pretty much confirms Searchlight is dumping Blink of an Eye which bums me out as a Stanton stan.

Oh! I liked Rocketman alot better than BoRap.

56 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Too be fair it's far easier to try and sing like Dylan than it is Freddie Mercury.

So are they going to end the biopic with all the folkies booing Dylan. If so, interesting.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1