Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

For folks having trouble, try closing and restarting whatever app/browser you were using to access D+.  

FWIW, had a devil of a time for Mando in the early days, but I would have thought it would have cleared by now.

(is showing up on my browser in the US)

I use their app on my ipad, that app is always closed if not in use, already tried it, will try again (and again)

For folks having trouble, the direct D+ links:

Ep 1: https://www.disneyplus.com/video/964f19ae-0a75-4b53-b23a-e8f8ea0186fe

Ep 2: https://www.disneyplus.com/video/fb69aa70-c803-44d1-9d30-5244034ec6c8

Sub still required to watch and this is NOT bypassing any sort of copy protection, so these are legal links. Basically it's the direct D+ link to the page where the episode is streamed.

If they don't work for you, probably some caching issue locally.

Now don't say I never did anything for Marvel-stans. :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Jamiem said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Strucker from Age of Ultron reference for the Watch commercial in the second episode was something I wasn’t expecting. 

• Like 2

Overall was ok, some cool Easter Eggs and the sitcom vibe worked for me, plot has been very slow (although obviously that’s the point) it’s enough for

me to keep going but I wonder if the general audience, in particular children, may be put off by the lack of develops and the fact it’s 4:3 Black and White for the most part (which I personally love)

Overall not the knockout must watch that Mando was for me although admittedly I am a much bigger Star Wars fan than I am an MCU fan so I may be biased.

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

For folks having trouble, try closing and restarting whatever app/browser you were using to access D+.  

FWIW, had a devil of a time for Mando in the early days, but I would have thought it would have cleared by now.

(is showing up on my browser in the US)

Done that few times but guess it will be 5 minutes delayed internationally.

• Like 1

My biggest Takeaway is that I love Kevin, And his complete confidence in his studios’s work. The chutzpah of that man. God, it’s good to be King

I don’t know how many people are going to dig this on a week to week basis. That said, I am all over it. 😂😂😂😂😂

The aesthetics of the show are amazing. Like they even have the step down into the living room as they do on the Dick Van Dyke show. Everything about it is great. I also like how they’re not rushing anything. It’s fun. It’s a good amuse Bouche for the delicious meal that’s to come

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

the fact it’s 4:3 Black and White for the most part (which I personally love)

I screamed. I was so goddamn excited they made that choice. That’s cause Kevin never lets me down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, hopefully they reveal more in the next episode or so. I’m someone who’s watched a fair few of these 50’s/60’s sitcoms so I get the references but it’s not something you can drag out too long. 

Good start so far. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Yeah, hopefully they reveal more in the next episode or so. I’m someone who’s watched a fair few of these 50’s/60’s sitcoms so I get the references but it’s not something you can drag out too long. 

Good start so far. 

You can totally drag this out for another six episodes. We’re only in 1960. Which means we’ve got like Five more decades of sitcom’s to play with. 

Growing up had those too, never liked those kind of shows.

This one is fun to me for now for what to come, the mini-hints,... its clear enough around the end of each episode that ‘something’ is wrong, something is moving, for now its enough, but I think it needs to gain a lot of speed for GA (and me) to really like it.

For a rewatch later on I guess I’ll skip episodes 1 and 2, maybe skipping through for analyzing a hint or two later on

Today’s episodes: Its nice, its not bad, its even good in parts at least, its just not my cup of tea, see my dislike then of those kinds of shows in general.

I watched then eg (here it got released in 1972) Star Trek Enterprise (what you know as TOS), before that eg Bonanza, Ironside (here since 1969), Columbo (1. movie in 1969, most of the others incl series around the middle of the ‘70) ... all what was on screen involving action, crime, ... Sci-Fi as far as then available

Fun fact, they started here in 1962 to air Bonanza, but stoped after 13 episodes based on it being too brutal, another channel started in 1967 with the whole series. But they also canceled the German tv-series Raumpatrouille Orion, a series that is obviously critical and sarcastical about military and more, for being too military.... 🙄

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jamiem said:

That’s strange, but they could also just be playing safe as sometimes it takes a couple of minutes for episodes to show up for everyone. 

Yeah maybe just giving some leeway in case, I was happy to see it was up when I started watching about ten past since I went to have a shower. I did think it was strange they gave an actual time in an ad considering I don't recall doing that for Mando, but as long as we got it when everyone else did it's all good.

Spoiler

I can't say I've seen a ton of old American sitcoms but I did love I Dream of Jeannie as a kid so I feel like that was enough of an education in order to get what they were doing here. It'd be interesting to see what people who haven't seen any of the shows they're referencing think. I have wondered what the wider appeal would be like since they focused on the older sitcoms the most in these two episodes, but I think they nailed it when it comes to that aspect, particularly the humour which is pretty different to now.

I feel like it'll become more accessible once they start to get into the other stuff we've seen in trailers and when they get into the "real world" of what's going on. For now the hints are intriguing and I almost don't want to look up all the references in case it spoils something for future plots. :lol:

You certainly can't say it isn't different to what the MCU's done before, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

I'm also amused at how many people I'm seeing commenting that they're watching all the credits in case there's another scene. :lol: I did watch to the end of the first episode myself because I like listening to the music but I figured since it was asking to skip to the next episode there was nothing there, but some people sat through both of them lol. Guess you gotta be careful though, I missed the scene at the end of S2 of Mando and didn't realise until I saw people talking about it on twitter.

• Like 3