Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

worst is now by the Wall Street Journal, who said till (short before... implied I think) the end of episode 3 he was bored, gave a 40

quoting myself...

thinking about that one, I feel like even if I was bored to a degree too (as really not my cup of tea), me too was hoping (but not expecting, as I try to never expect beforehand, and as the trailer.... gave enough ‘warnings’ too)  I really think a professional critic should not put eg action expectation as a main weight on his/her rating.

Neutrality for a pro seems too often not be present enough.

In no way episode 1-2 are in my opinion only a 40/100, and he even got to see episode 3 too (according to the other reviewers there happens ‚more‘).

Wondering how would Kevin incorporated this with Doctor Strange 2 if there was no Disney Plus. or was DS2 planned in the way after knowing D+ will be there.

Similarly we are getting many new characters in next two years, how will those or how long would have they taken in a non-Disney Plus world. 

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Was ok. Felt more like skits stretched out for way too long. Would've been a lot more effective if they were like 10-12 minutes long instead of at least double that.

Lmao, you are the first person saying that they are too long. 

29 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Lmao, you are the first person saying that they are too long. 

Sure, but when the episodes are about

Spoiler

making dinner or getting ready for a talent show,

it's way too long. The non-sitcom episodes are probably more justified to be this long or even longer than this, but don't see the purpose of making these sitcom parody episodes so long.

I feel like a lot of people want these episodes to be longer just because it's common for live-action shows, but I don't think the material here is dense enough to be that long. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

I'm glad they actually committed to the sitcom idea and not have it in passing. Will have to wait until the 3rd episode to decide if they're dragging it out too long or not but overall definitely Marvel's biggest swing in a long time and it worked for me.

I unfortunately can see some bailing after the first two episodes but that's fine when they committed to the idea.

• Like 4

Actually almost very few will bail. 

If you go to twitter, insta and fb, Wandavision has been trending and people are really engaged in catching clues and solving mysteries. 

Even General Audience can feel that it's not actually what it seems and show has done phenomenal job to prove that from just 2 episodes. 

• Like 4

Wow the credit sequence is gorgeous!😍 

Loving it so far. They're dedicated to the sitcom tropes but there's more than enough creepiness to let you know that things are not alright here, and everyone on a subconscious level is aware of it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Wandavision has been trending at No 1 since midnight. 

Also it has been actually trending for days now. Wanda is very popular character and I won't be surprised if she makes into the top 3 of new Avengers in popularity. 

Not a Twitter user, so now I only get to see the US Top Trending list and not the WW one, but as of right now, it's the #3 Trend in the US (under the tag Wanda, up from #4 a few minutes ago).

Isn't that unusual though as Mando would often dominate the overnight Trend list in the US (due to tons of people being asleep) before settling back in and bouncing around through the day.  Haven't really had time to check out the tenor of replies, so I can't comment on that yet.

• Like 1