Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Spoiler

The eerie moments (boss choking, helicopter, radio, beekeeper) definitely were the highlight. The switch in tones worked really well, not sure exactly why but it really hit home for me. Seems that the tension is going to be a steady build, so episode 3 should have even more clues. 

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

I'm used to Hong Kong and South Korean movies that juggle tone like they're professional jugglers or something, so the tonal shifts are not only not jarring for me, but actually very, very welcome.

Are people really making a big deal about a bunch of mildly uncomfortable scenes? It's not even much compared to even the tonal changes we've seen in previous superhero movies (specifically the Raimi Spider-man movies)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Are people really making a big deal about a bunch of mildly uncomfortable scenes? It's not even much compared to even the tonal changes we've seen in previous superhero movies (specifically the Raimi Spider-man movies)

aehm, I think Daxtreme meant the opposite of how you seem to understand it. At least that is how me - with my limited English - am understanding it

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

aehm, I think Daxtreme meant the opposite of how you seem to understand it. At least that is how me - with my limited English - am understanding it

I know Daxtreme doesn't find it jarring. But I assume he's saying that because others are finding it jarring.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Most people seem to like it from what I've seen. I don't really see how the shifts could be jarring either. 

• Like 3

I quite enjoyed this, though I am ready to get into more meaty stuff. There's only so much of recreating old sitcoms I can take, especially when the comedy is a bit hit and miss at times. 

Paul Bettany is incredible in this though, he's nailing the tone, I think he's hilarious in episode 2. Kathryn Hahn similarly.

On 1/16/2021 at 2:12 AM, eddyxx said:

Is this actually true cause I remember Feige announced back in 2019 after Endgame broke the WW record that Wandavision was tying into DS2 and I’m pretty sure that was before all the announcements about The Flash.

Which is why I specifically said I think WandaVision wasn't originally conceived to kick off the multiverse saga. The original rumors floating around claimed that DS2 was about Doctor Strange training Wanda to control her powers, with the involvement of DS characters like Clea instead of Rachel McAdams' character and Mordo expected to have been the main villain. Wanda was apparently always meant to be a part of DS2, irrespective of whether or not WandaVision existed but maybe in a completely different capacity. The "Multiverse of Madness" title was announced more than half a year after Into the Spider-Verse had already come out, and then news of actors from previous franchises appearing in the Far From Home sequel/DS2 came after The Flash news. Charlie was asking what the plan for DS2 would've been if WandaVision or Disney Plus hadn't existed so I replied the original rumors for DS2 had been different. Elizabeth Olsen recently said the script for DS2 is still undergoing changes.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Anyone knows when the reviewers get the ep 4-9 for review? I read that they'll get them eventually but no idea when

No clue.  

Speaking of reviews, got 7 on RT today, passing up Stranger Things S3. Seems inevitable now that it will also pass up S2 as well. AFAIK that will make it the most reviewed season of TV on RT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

No clue.  

Speaking of reviews, got 7 on RT today, passing up Stranger Things S3. Seems inevitable now that it will also pass up S2 as well. AFAIK that will make it the most reviewed season of TV on RT.

This says season 10 of The Walking Dead has 305 ratings, but is only showing 4. Idk what's up with that or what's accurate. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_walking_dead/s10

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

This says season 10 of The Walking Dead has 305 ratings, but is only showing 4. Idk what's up with that or what's accurate. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_walking_dead/s10

No way is 305 correct for that. Earlier seasons look very normal.

• Like 1