filmlover

Amsterdam | David O. Russell | October 7, 2022 | Christian Bale to star | 20th Century Studios

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Filming for this is supposed to start later this spring, right? Wonder if they'll bow this next summer as counterprogramming.

Nah, it'll open Christmas most likely; American Hustle started filming late too

26 minutes ago, TMP said:

Nah, it'll open Christmas most likely; American Hustle started filming late too

I doubt it, 20th Century already has West Side Story and The Last Duel set for the end of the year unless the latter gets bumped to 2021 (filming apparently hasn't started yet).

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I doubt it, 20th Century already has West Side Story and The Last Duel set for the end of the year unless the latter gets bumped to 2021 (filming apparently hasn't started yet).

Limited release in X-mas followed by a wide in Jan sounds very reasonable... especially since West Side will be more of a commercial player than an Oscar player. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Or win, lol. Worked before when O'Russell worked with a well known blonde "it girl"

which was his best film, shame cooper couldn't win cus it was also his best performance until ASIB. 

this could also turn out like American Hustle which got 10 oscar nominations but 0 wins :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

which was his best film, shame cooper couldn't win cus it was also his best performance until ASIB. 

Yeah, it's the only film of his I've rewatched. Good De Niro performance too. Disagree on Cooper though, since he was competing with Day Lewis and Joaquin giving a career-best performance 

Why does anyone even want to work with O. Russell tho? I get that it's an easy way to get an Oscar nomination for an acting category but he's such a piece of shit. I'm surprised he still has such a big career considering that he's literally sexually assaulted his niece and has abused many actors on set.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

i'd be surprised. the only reason russell makes movies now is to whore for oscars. he's a soulless husk of the filmmaker he used to be. he'll probably rush to get this finished before the year's over like he did for american hustle and joy and both of those movies suffered quality wise because of it.

• Like 2