Eric is Anxious

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

Just now, jeffthehat said:

Idk if it’s been posted here yet but they’re saying audience scores in Korea are lower than Ant Man 3

I don’t doubt this but given South Korea’s issues of misogyny, hard to take at face value 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Sounds like Love and Thunder. Hell these reactions are less enthusiastic than they were for L & T

Love and thunder reactions were quite positive. It's just that they were saying it's not good as Ragnarok.

TLT having such mixed reviews came as a suprise to many . Infact that's when the conversation around marvel started to shift.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A disappointing opening seems like foregone conclusion at this point but if reviews/WOM are positive then there's no reason why it can't find staying power over the holidays, especially when it's going to be around until mid-December looking at the schedule and this being one of the lightest holiday slates in (2020 aside) years with no Star Wars/Spider-Man/Avatar-style titans anywhere in sight.

just second weekend we have Hunger Games and Trolls opening. 

• Like 1

Honestly? Feels like Thor 4 

There are people genuinely loving it, but a considerable amount that thinks is a mess but not a complete disaster 

Yeah, i think it’ll be fresh on RT even if barely and in it’s 50’s in MC

I mean, it could be worse, really don’t know why Marvel treat it like some Fantastic Four (2016)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Ok some actual critics that usually writes for big outlets

You know I'm an Old Fogey on BOT when I see reaction after reaction after reaction use the "f word" and go, "UH-OH!!!"

[DON'T SPOIL THE JOKE MODE = OFF]

For quite a while, whenever a movie was mostly described as "fun" coming out of a World Premiere, BOT would lose its mind and panic at the incoming RT SCORE.  Was a, dare I say, fun* tradition while it lasted.

* No.  No it was not. 

[DON'T SPOIL THE JOKE MODE = ON]

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, John Marston said:

just second weekend we have Hunger Games and Trolls opening. 

Yeah, the ladies will be choosing Hunger Games and the kids will go see Trolls. Between all the competition and the reactions pointing towards it being Love and Thunder 2.0, that second weekend drop is going to be ugly, and this time it won't even open well.

16 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

What review?

huh, guess you're right

I might have seen a review where a joke was located 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator