The Wild Eric

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

All the recent Marvel movies except Thor 4 were shot by great cinematographers. The cinematographer of Avatar shot Spider-man NWH lol.

All of the recent ones? I can’t agree with that sorry 😂😂

I see 47 Ronin, Pan and King Arthur in credits. Most of the others have already worked for Marvel before on other films too. 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

All of the recent ones? I can’t agree with that sorry 😂😂

I see 47 Ronin, Pan and King Arthur in credits. Most of the others have already worked for Marvel before on other films too. 

Bro, don't be slandering John Mathieson on here.  A great cinematographer who has worked on some great-looking blockbusters (Gladiator, Logan, Detective Pikachu, Man from UNCLE). Even 47 Ronin is beautifully shot.

• Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

This is a movie?

Looks like a sitcom mixed with an episode of Power Rangers.

I stand by my assertion: Captain Marvel WW OW > The Marvels WW total.

You can say that about a number of Marvel movies.....some of which have done quite well at the box office.

5 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

Even without getting into race stuff, a lot of people have a vendetta against Brie Larson and Captain Marvel for some reason. Well probably not actually a lot of people, but they're very loud.

I am sure the Cameron fanboys are still furiious that Captian Marvel beat the crap out of Alita at the box office.

I thought Captain Marvel was only pretty good as a movie, but the fury against it was clearly motivitead largely by sexism. 

And since the crusade against "woke" has gotten worse I suspect it will be even worse this time.

• Like 2

Ironically this feels like Shazam. Just like there are multiple "shazams", here we have multiple "marvels". 

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Goose the Flerkin is back and that is a good thing.

Out of curirisity any idea who the Big Bad in this will be?

Twitter is implying 

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

All the recent Marvel movies except Thor 4 were shot by great cinematographers. The cinematographer of Avatar shot Spider-man NWH lol.

Even though it's not MCU, Venom 2 was shot by Robert fricking Richardson and I'd never believe it in a thousand years. Goes to show that cinematographers are as good as directors they work with. And not just cinematographers actually.

36 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

It literally doesn't apply. That's the point the movie was making.

I'm strongly against unified universe with every single character, so my point still stands. For me personally Batman is a lot less interesting when he lives in a world where gods, magic, english-speaking aliens and just superhumans are near every corner. The same with Spider-Man.

Edited by Firepower

Yikes. It has the same vibes of the worst MCU projects... all in one.

And lol at Brie not even completing a single phrase in what was supposed to be a sequel of her own movie, which is sad because it's like giving credits to the incels who hate her as if she had killed some of their parents.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I'm strongly against unified universe with every single character, so my point still stands. For me personally Batman is a lot less interesting when he lives in a world where gods, magic, english-speaking aliens and just superhumans are near every corner. The same with Spider-Man.

Not sure it was you or not, but talking about how nice seeing Cap working with people to save the world...

I think that's one reason why I liked the Hawkeye show so much (that I just watched last month).  It was back to a street level problem that people could help solve...and did.  The LARPers were some of the MVPs of that show for me.  

33 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

And it's official. It has already surprassed Guardians 3 first trailer on twitter in less than half a day.

The Marvels: 8.3M

Guardians of the Galaxy 3: 8.2M

It's 100% surprassing Ant Man 3 too at this point. Youtube seems around the same by now though.

Other stats:

Facebook (Marvel Studios):

The Marvels: 5.9M (on almost 10 hours)

GOTG 3 (now): 12M 

Considering that marvel trailers are also fronloaded because of the fanbase I guess it's going to be around the same here.

Instagram (Marvel Studios)

The Marvels : 3.5M

GOTG 3 (now): 15.9M

Yeah...it's probably not reaching Guardians here but the ratio of likes it's really high, 0.9M on less than 4 million views.

TikTok (Marvel Studios)

The Marvels: 1.6M

Guardians 3: 4.6M

36 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

And it's official. It has already surprassed Guardians 3 first trailer on twitter in less than half a day.

The Marvels: 8.3M

Guardians of the Galaxy 3: 8.2M

It's 100% surprassing Ant Man 3 too at this point. Youtube seems around the same by now though.

Nia Dacosto has another winner on her hands

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Not sure it was you or not, but talking about how nice seeing Cap working with people to save the world...

I think that's one reason why I liked the Hawkeye show so much (that I just watched last month).  It was back to a street level problem that people could help solve...and did.  The LARPers were some of the MVPs of that show for me.  

This is the double bind sadly.  Half the negative comments are about how Marvel is always the same,  and the other half are complaining that "It looks like a Disney plus show, why should I care" which is code for 'not high stakes enough'. 

The other annoying dynamic I keep seeing is......fine, I'd rather the jokey tone was toned down a bit too, but are we seriously acting like the start of undermining threats in the MCU doesn't literally go back to Iron Man being the worst culprit of all? The guy made a Spongebob joke in the middle of an apocalyptic event. And there are some seriously acting like it was phase 4 when Marvel suddently started doing frivolous comedy.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose

It looks promising. They are clearly marketing it as a straight up fun adventure with this body swap twist. Sort of refreshing imo. Whether it’s good now, we’ll see.

Also is it really a Captain Marvel 2? It’s called the Marvels and seems like all the main characters are getting to all share the focus, which is cool imo.