stealthyfrog

Borderlands | Lionsgate | Eli Roth to direct | Cate Blanchett is Lilith

The trailer is bit better then I expected, but this sitll has big red flags on it.

And never ever forgtet that there are film editors in Holltwood who make a good living because they can make trailers that make ANYTHING, no matter how crappy the final film is,  look good.

34 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I still don't know if James Gunn and/or Marvel should be flattered or sue based on how hard they are trying to sell this as a Guardians ripoff down to the August opening and everything.

Despite obviously being a dumpster fire, I really think that's going to be a successful marketing pitch. 

1 minute ago, JimmyB said:

Wow. That clip is Madame Web/Jonah Hex bad. 

O/U Jonah Hex? I mean, this won't only be contending with Deadpool & Wolverine, but even the other two movies it's opening alongside are going to run it over (remains to be seen in the case of Trap though, given the sorry state of horror so far this year).

Yeah, as a rabid gamer I want all of this projects to succeed but this looks really, really bad.

I haven't seen trailers this bad since the flops of the early 2010's. Like JimmyB said.

This is going to bomb very epic. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TomThomas said:

Why does this clip look like PG-13 movie? Wasn't it supposed to be R rated?

cuz it is

C3wNKTV.png 

this looks really, really bad

I just want to know why the hell we have Lilith shooting guns the whole scene

oh wait, another question: why do we need a pooping robot scene here, when it looked bad in the trailer already 

Edited by cinema pal

When a film gets locked away as long as this one did, it is never, ever a good sign.

Cast is good, I did not know that Gina Gershon was Mad Moxxi,..good casting...but the film looks likes a absolute mess.

Looks as though they tried to capture the game's warped sense of humor...which is one of the things that made the game so popular..but failed.