stealthyfrog

Borderlands | Lionsgate | Eli Roth to direct | Cate Blanchett is Lilith

Sorry, those stupid bunny ears are simply wrong,wrong, wrong, for Tina.

I know the whole point of the charecter is that despite her being a world class expert with explosives she is still in many ways a 13 year old at heart, but the game managed to get that across without those stupid ears.

And I love Cate's comments which sound to me like a way of saying "This was a paycheck movie".

Edited by dudalb

GLad they are keeping the name 'Pandora" for the toxic waste dump hellhole of a planet; Yes, that was a very deliberate joke on the Planet in the "Avatar" movies.

12 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Every video game movie is a paycheck gig btw. No one is doing those for awards or critical acclaim. 

Yes, but that does explain why most video games films are not even good entertainment.

Trailers before Twisters and D&W

Looks like Star Wars, Suicide Squad and GOTG had a baby and called it Borderlands

But to see the trailer got on a big screen me interested

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Is this DOA?

My 9 year old nephew asked to see “the film with Thor’s sister” and it honestly took me a day or so to realise what he meant lol. 

Yeah, this is doomed. I don't see it opening much higher than $15M as a best case scenario.

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Is this DOA?

My 9 year old nephew asked to see “the film with Thor’s sister” and it honestly took me a day or so to realise what he meant lol. 

lionsgate_orig.gif

Every time I see anything for this movie I think James Gunn and or Marvel should sue or be flattered. The Guardians ripoff desperation is dripping off this thing.  Can not wait till Eli Roth is let loose on what happened behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Every time I see anything for this movie I think James Gunn and or Marvel should sue or be flattered. The Guardians ripoff desperation is dripping off this thing.  Can not wait till Eli Roth is let loose on what happened behind the scenes. 

Yeah, saw the trailer in front of D&W and thought, oh, ok, this is just Guardians with different names and a different pop playlist. I guess we will see if it works, but I doubt it.

10 hours ago, emoviefan said:

I wish they would have gone for something closer to the games then make it into a GOTG wannabe.

And it is seldom a good sign when a film stays on the shelf as long as this one did.

Not to menition things like the main screenwriter having his  name taken off it..not that his resume was all that impressive.

• Haha 1