Jasmin Savoy Brown?

Mikey Madison?

Jenna Ortega?

Courtney?

No

No

No

She was good.  I liked her character

Courtney was like an old comfortable blanket.  Everything is better when she's in it.

I felt bad for Barrera because nobody could sell that soap opera scene in the hospital with Tara. I liked the movie a lot but that really was the worst scene in any of these movies. She got better near the end, but there's no pretending that wasn't a weak performance. Doesn't help that Ortega is a genuine star and acted her off the screen at every turn.

1 hour ago, ddddeeee said:

I felt bad for Barrera because nobody could sell that soap opera scene in the hospital with Tara. I liked the movie a lot but that really was the worst scene in any of these movies. She got better near the end, but there's no pretending that wasn't a weak performance. Doesn't help that Ortega is a genuine star and acted her off the screen at every turn.

That was the first scene shot too. I agree it’s such a long monologue, it should’ve been broken up to reduce the awkwardness. 

5 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Hello, boo! I hope you are well. ❤️

• Like 1

After rewatching this again Sam wasn't my favorite but imo she has the most potential as a character. There's many ways you can take her character arc she can be your heroine, a villain, an anti hero. I think Scream 6 should have 1 killer but when its all said and done the survivors realize he or she couldn't have been the only one thus leaving the audience with a cliff hanger 

Nobody should ever say this wasn't a big success. But the fact that it's numbers pale in comparison to 2018's Halloween (even lower than the godawful HK) goes to show just how massive that brand is. This movie was essentially sold as "2018's Halloween... but for Scream" and it was just as good if not better than that film.

15 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Nobody should ever say this wasn't a big success. But the fact that it's numbers pale in comparison to 2018's Halloween (even lower than the godawful HK) goes to show just how massive that brand is. This movie was essentially sold as "2018's Halloween... but for Scream" and it was just as good if not better than that film.

I think the 20 year gap from Jamie Lee appearing helped more than the 11 year gap for the main trio in Scream. It did beat Halloween Kills worldwide though despite omicron. 

Yeah i liked Scream 4 better 

I do think this is way better looking, have way more interesting new characters and for the most part is the best Scream movie since the second.

Then we get the 3rd act that have such a great idea but felt rushed, underdeveloped and ultimately a bit frustrating because it have so much potential.

Scream 4 have bigger flaws but when we reach the end the movie really develop it's whole thematic very well in many satisfatory ways, so it ended up on a higher note.

It's still pretty solid, very well directed and shows this franchise is probably the most strong ever as a whole because it never delivered a real bad movie (3 almost got there but have good enough sequences and ideas).

I do think a sequel soon is a bad idea tho, having many years apart from each other is part of the reason that every Scream movie have at least a fresh idea and new commentaries to make about the genre.

Oh, watching it at home i also found many scenes and especially dialogues involving the original trio very cringe, i know why they did it and how effective it is for emotional response on theaters, but doesn't feel natural overall for the movie.

I have similar problems with NWH about scenes that work watching it in a theater with fans but at home simply feels forced.