cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/samba-tv-scream-catalog-titles-top-weekly-streamed-movies/

Samba TV reported that 2.598 million households streamed all four movies over a 13-day period ended Jan. 23. The research firm tracks more than 46 million opted-in televisions globally, including 28 million in the U.S.

Specifically, 637,000 households watched the first movie Scream, while 628,000 streamed Scream 2, 653,000 watched Scream 3, and 642,000 streamed Scream 4. Samba said 289,000 watched at least two of the four movies.

The movies collectively topped the Ray Donovan: The Movie, which was streamed by 1.1 million households on Showtime OTT.

Courteney’s bangs finally getting the respect they deserve!

• Haha 1

Movies that think they're so smart because they know all the rules, likes to show off how much they know, which this does very explicitly, are the worst. Without Wes, the meta and subversive aspects turn into a eye-rolling fest.

Even technically, whoever directed this is not half Wes Craven when it comes to crafting movies. Only the mother/son sequence got anything from me. 

I hated it.

Scream 96 8/10
Scream 4 7/10
Scream 2 7/10
Scream 3 6/10
Scream 22 2/10

Edited by Goffe
  • Disbelief 1

Finally got to see this last night - loved it. So much fun. I had a few minor complaints (I wish we got to spend more time with the teens) but overall it was mostly everything I could have asked for. 

My theatre was packed as well and the crowd seemed to love it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Finally got to see this last night - loved it. So much fun. I had a few minor complaints (I wish we got to spend more time with the teens) but overall it was mostly everything I could have asked for. 

My theatre was packed as well and the crowd seemed to love it.

I’m so glad you finally got to go, I know you’ve had to wait. 

Glad to hear it was packed and enjoyed too! 

• Thanks 1

Great news! And even though I really enjoyed the last one, I hope they do something drastically different with the next one, there’s only so many times they can find plausible reasons for the OG’s to return to Woodsboro, especially since this one will likely be coming out only a year later. I also hope they don’t go down the fan theory route by bringing Stu back, I’d rather them not bend over to fan theories.

Just read the original script (titled Scream Forever). Interesting to see what they changed; some of the changes make sense but others would have worked just fine as they were. Curious how many of the cut scenes were filmed and will be released as deleted scenes. They fleshed the teens out a bit more in the original script, which I appreciated.

On the topic of deleted scenes, there's a Fan Event this Thursday with "bonus content." Fandango lists a 2h4m minute runtime versus 1h54m for the regular film. Wonder if it's just 10 minutes of featurettes or if it's an extended cut.

Edited by Taylor