cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

14 hours ago, DAJK said:

Nobody should ever say this wasn't a big success. But the fact that it's numbers pale in comparison to 2018's Halloween (even lower than the godawful HK) goes to show just how massive that brand is. This movie was essentially sold as "2018's Halloween... but for Scream" and it was just as good if not better than that film.

Interesting that Scream 1 and 2 I believe sold more tickets than all the Halloween films including the original I think but 2018 Halloween came close to the tickets sold of the original while Scream 2022 won’t come close to the tickets sold of Scream 1 and 2. Guess it’s a franchise that will always be too 90s tied for some people maybe 

12 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

"It was the message boards, I was radicalized" is by far the funniest dialogue and scene in the movie.

Her delivery of that is amazing too, she’s completely frantic and panicking, spurting out any old excuse. Then switches back immediately to no remorse. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Her delivery of that is amazing too, she’s completely frantic and panicking, spurting out any old excuse. Then switches back immediately to no remorse. 

Which I appreciated. Whenever Ghostface is revealed they all end up becoming these stone cold, no emotions killers and I liked how it showed she was actually human whenever about to be faced with death (if that makes sense)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

Which I appreciated. Whenever Ghostface is revealed they all end up becoming these stone cold, no emotions killers and I liked how it showed she was actually human whenever about to be faced with death (if that makes sense)

It does! Although Mrs Loomis went full scale cray cray full of hysteria 😅

4 hours ago, Andy said:

It’s over 80 million now 

Really happy with that. Hopefully the 6th can do similar

I originally said I’d be happy with $40m. Then as it got closer, 60, 70, 75 etc. $80m is great, especially when Omicron was at its peak during release week. The legs have been great too, 2.7x for a 5th entry in a slasher franchise? Amazing. 

1 hour ago, JWR said:

Damn. That was fast!

Fast but not as fast as Scream 2, 357 days after Scream. Plus, this film wrapped in November 2020, so I imagine they A had already started writing and B don’t want the “teen” cast to grow up too much more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Most of these movies are good. It has a much better average than most franchises. Yet the internet is still complaining about this announcement. Glad to see that genre bias is still alive.

Exactly. 

People will whine about a Scream 6 and happily piss their pants for Marvel 31.