cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

56 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I love the genre, but I truly don't see what can be done with this franchise. 

Agree, the fifth entry felt repetitive at times, and the critiques of modern day moviemaking were basically the same than in Scream 4.

Edited by Grebacio
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

scream 6 isnt needed. this movie is already forgotten and the new cast except ortega is weak 

I can assure you, it’s definitely not forgotten. Have a look on social media, it hasn’t even hit digital most places and isn’t out on disc til April. It has a long road to go ;) 

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I can assure you, it’s definitely not forgotten. Have a look on social media, it hasn’t even hit digital most places and isn’t out on disc til April. It has a long road to go ;) 

whatever, sydney and gale coming back AGAIN will just be dumb, gonna serve halloween kills

• Haha 1

I hope Brian Tyler ups his game and that the next movie doesn't look so...flat. I appreciate that there were restrictions in place during filming, but it really does feel so, so small - especially considering how big the first three films feel. 

But, hey, look at the fifth part of any other horror franchise. We hit the jackpot with 5cream (though, despite how thoroughly bad they are, I do have a soft spot for the seedy, completely meanspirited and hilarious Friday the 13th Part V and the gothic, tonal mess that is Elm Street 5).

16 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I hope Brian Tyler ups his game and that the next movie doesn't look so...flat. I appreciate that there were restrictions in place during filming, but it really does feel so, so small - especially considering how big the first three films feel. 

But, hey, look at the fifth part of any other horror franchise. We hit the jackpot with 5cream (though, despite how thoroughly bad they are, I do have a soft spot for the seedy, completely meanspirited and hilarious Friday the 13th Part V and the gothic, tonal mess that is Elm Street 5).

Oooh I think Friday 5 is the second worst in the franchise, ahead of only Jason Goes to Hell. Freddy 5 is a bit of a riot. Halloween 5 is terrible. 

Ghostface can be confident in this easy win. 

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Oooh I think Friday 5 is the second worst in the franchise, ahead of only Jason Goes to Hell. Freddy 5 is a bit of a riot. Halloween 5 is terrible. 

Ghostface can be confident in this easy win. 

Friday Part V is deplorable and incompetently put together...but it's hilarious. Ethel and her hillbilly son? The killer being...Roy the paramedic who we meet for literally 5 seconds? The newspaper clipping of Jason which has him posing in the woods for a photo? The two minute scene of Reggie's older brother taking a dump? Kirsten's mum's daughter from Elm Streets 3 and 4 doing the robot to that awesome Pseudo Echo song? It's just wild.

Disco Enchiladas (ooh baby song) Friday the 13th V remix - YouTube

• Haha 1

I love how they handled Gale in this. There was a real effort to not vilify her for her ambition for once. Sidney making it clear that absolutely none of this was her fault (as awkwardly shot as that scene is) is about four films late. Also, Sidney telling her that she 'shouldn't be here either' and Sam asking her if she's alright at the end are the first real acknowledgement that she's been through hell herself (several times!).  

She also helped throw a serial killer over a kitchen island.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 2

On 3/23/2022 at 3:51 PM, Cruel Summer said:

they should man up and release it on halloween

What is amusing is opening a horror movie Halloween week has become like nuclear weapons...every  studio is afriad to do it  becuase of what other studios might do in response.