baumer

Tuesday Numbers (THG 10.2)

Movies rarely drop less than 20% nowadays on their first Wednesdays. I don't know why some people are predicting 15% drops.

This month openers' first Tuesday/Wednesday drops:

The Lorax - +5.4% / -28.9%

John Carter - +10.5% / -27.2%

21 Jump Street - +11.9% / -25.4%

It seems the worse the Tuesday jump, the worse the Wednesday drop. THG with actually a drop on Tuesday, doesn't have much chances of dropping better than 25%, let alone 20%.

Movies rarely drop less than 20% nowadays on their first Wednesdays. I don't know why some people are predicting 15% drops.

It seems the worse the Tuesday jump, the worse the Wednesday drop. THG with actually a drop on Tuesday, doesn't have much chances of dropping better than 25%, let alone 20%.

It doesn't work this way for huge movies. Again, DH2 had pretty terrible Tuesday hold, but it's Wednesday hold was ok.

no offense but those are horrible comparisons. You are comparing blockbuster bumper opener with CGI and movies opening at 30M. It's not apple to apple comparison.

no offense but those are horrible comparisons. You are comparing blockbuster bumper opener with CGI and movies opening at 30M. It's not apple to apple comparison.

Nothing can ever be an apple to apple comparison to THG then.You have better comparisons for analyzing the first weekdays trend?

Maybe college kids, but I would imagine the K-12 schools are spread out. Here in Milwaukee spring break doesn't occur until after Easter

My daughter ended spring break already (K-12). It's pretty spread out.

Nothing can ever be an apple to apple comparison to THG then.You have better comparisons for analyzing the first weekdays trend?

AIW woudl be one. Ice Age 2 and Mosters vs. Aliens to a lesser extent, but still, better comparisons based on their release dates.

It's March! Anything over 10m on a weekday is great!With spring break starting up, we should see some nice weekday numbers the next 2 weeks.

Spring Break has been going on for two weeks across the country(US). Next week is the last SB week I'm aware of so make hay while the sun shines the rest of this week and next. For THG and Wrath.

I thought at BOM you were a decent predictor...what kind of comparisons are those? They don't even compare with each other.