Eric Prime

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

I think we've talked about ideal villains for this universe. Personally, Scarface, the dummy, works perfect for what Reeves is doing and I'd like to see that. Mad Hatter would also be fun but probably too similar to Riddler/Joker. Maybe a version of Manbat. Clayface would be better suited for what Gunn is doing on Peacemaker in the DCEU. I'd love another Poison Ivy but probably another character uncharacteristic to the tone. 

Freeze would be fun, and I'd imagine they'd follow something along the lines of the Heart of Ice plot. But Batman and DC has a million villains to capture, not interested in another Joker. I'm sure we'll see Court of Owls? Riddler is already a version of Hush here so Hush himself would be redundant. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Not just ILM.  Paramount rolled out its own version for various Star Trek shows, and I'd be very surprised if other fx houses/other studios weren't seeking out their own versions of this type of tech.

That is true I think Netflix also have their own version of the tech with their upcoming show 1899 as well. 

That being said even though ILM has been under Disney for a decade or so now they work on a bunch of third party projects and I don't see that changing any time soon. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I think we've talked about ideal villains for this universe. Personally, Scarface, the dummy, works perfect for what Reeves is doing and I'd like to see that. Mad Hatter would also be fun but probably too similar to Riddler/Joker. Maybe a version of Manbat. Clayface would be better suited for what Gunn is doing on Peacemaker in the DCEU. I'd love another Poison Ivy but probably another character uncharacteristic to the tone. 

Freeze would be fun, and I'd imagine they'd follow something along the lines of the Heart of Ice plot. But Batman and DC has a million villains to capture, not interested in another Joker. I'm sure we'll see Court of Owls? Riddler is already a version of Hush here so Hush himself would be redundant. 

Two-Face as well, as obvious as it is. But I would love to see the Ventriloquist. His episode on The Animated Series was fantastic. John Lithgow would've been so perfect back in the day

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Booked tickets for the Saturday afternoon. 

It’s too long a runtime for the Friday night after work. 

Seeing it then as well, butbecause I'm going with family, and Saturday's the only time for the three of us to see it due to jobs and school. 

On the plus side, it means I can go watch The Godfather Part II that Friday (I'm seeing the first one this weekend).

Edited by 35MM-18

Wondering if anyone saw any of the batman trailers in both IMAX and Dolby. Did anyone notice differences in picture and sound quality? I want to watch this on Dolby, but the IMAX screen here is much bigger and not sure if the trade-off in screen size is worth it.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, brothernero said:

How is this selling so far?

At my theater in SE WI, sales were OK the first day but are getting very little business since.  Friday night showings aren't even sold out yet.  I'm seeing an 11AM show and it's almost empty.  I just don't think the trailers have been that compelling.

Selling really bad everywhere. Maybe 25m opening weekend if the movie is lucky. 

• Haha 10