Eric Quinn

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Just now, BruiseCruise said:

This movie making $300mil+ DOM would have been a good number in a world without COVID, remember Homecoming did like 330m DOM, 

Homecoming was coming off of a poorly received reboot. There’s no sour taste in people’s mouths for the Batman franchise. Some one just mentioned Batman begins, what? That was after Batman and Robin cratered the franchise and no one really wanted another Batman movie. No way a highly anticipated Batman movie does that low lol. Look at how well Joker did just a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

Homecoming was coming off of a poorly received reboot. There’s no sour taste in people’s mouths for the Batman franchise. Some one just mentioned Batman begins, what? That was after Batman and Robin cratered the franchise and no one really wanted another Batman movie. No way a highly anticipated Batman movie does that low lol. Look at how well Joker did just a few years ago.

BvS and JL didn't happen? Also Homecoming had the benefit of being part of MCU, shorter run time, more appeal for families/kids and longer theatrical windows

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BruiseCruise said:

BvS and JL didn't happen? Also Homecoming had the benefit of being part of MCU, shorter run time, more appeal for families/kids and longer theatrical windows

JL did not weaken people’s enthusiasm for a Batman movie anymore than it did for a Aquaman movie.

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

JL did not weaken people’s enthusiasm for a Batman movie anymore than it did for a Aquaman movie.

Batman was incredibly lame in JL while Aquaman was well received in that movie, and Aquaman benefited heavily from being a well received blockbuster in Christmas.

9 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

#FansQuitTweetingHateAtCriticsChallenge

My favorite thing in the world is when losers online say Rotten Tomatoes doesn't matter when it goes against their agenda, but when the movie they have based their entire personality around has a high RT score, they're retweeting all the "Certified Fresh" tweets and all the "96% with 71 reviews so far" tweets. Hilarious stuff. 

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Ben Affleck's entire run was poorly received, with the exception of MAYBE ZSJL which has a mixed critical reception but positive from fans.

Batfleck was good. few great moments in BvS(the extended version was not bad). I did not like him in JL. His performance was meh. Not even ZSJL could redeem that. He had already dialed out of that role at that point. 

He probably needed a story like Dark Knight Returns to show his potential. That wont happen. May be they will make one with Keaton at some point in the future. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PenguinXXR said:

That would have been wrong then as well. This film will make within 10% domestically of what it would if COVID never existed.

I think Covid is actually going help, as it did with Shang-chi, Spider-man and Uncharted. The market is DEAD and the big ones will probably continue to overperform. Whatever the movie ultimately does, IMO, will be equal or greater to what it would have done as it was originally scheduled on June 25 2021.

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1

Just going to throw out there, sales have picked up SIGNIFICANTLY at multiple theatres in my area over the last 24 hours. Not sure if it's enough to put me fully on board the 150M train, but the momentum is encouraging. We'll see how the next 48 hours go.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just going to throw out there, sales have picked up SIGNIFICANTLY at multiple theatres in my area over the last 24 hours. Not sure if it's enough to put me fully on board the 150M train, but the momentum is encouraging. We'll see how the next 48 hours go.

Is it possible to get 400m from 150m with this kind of review ? Will be heartbreaking if this finish in 380-400m range.