Eric is Anxious

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

WB schedule is so empty for 2023. If I am them, I am throwing whatever money is needed to get a Christmas-themed Bat film out in December of 2023. Make that big league money.

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

WB schedule is so empty for 2023. If I am them, I am throwing whatever money is needed to get a Christmas-themed Bat film out in December of 2023. Make that big league money.

mr freeze with greig fraser it's gonna look glorious

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, excel1 said:

You want WB to rush a script and shooting time and production time so it's out in

*double checks calendar*

20 months from now?

Yeaaaaaah, I don't think you really want that. ;)

(not that I would have any experience with rushed scripts to meet an arbitrary Xmas deadline.  oh no.  not at all)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Macleod said:

So Taylor Swift is able to get away with clipping pirated/spoiler material just because she's Taylor Swift?  I guess Warners is happy with her free promotion...  Was this bit in any promo materials?  I haven't been paying precise attention.  

I am pretty sure Warners is not to make an issue of one of the most popular singers in the world endorse one of their films.

Besides, I think what Swift includes comes under "fair usage".

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

You want WB to rush a script and shooting time and production time so it's out in

*double checks calendar*

20 months from now?

Yeaaaaaah, I don't think you really want that. ;)

(not that I would have any experience with rushed scripts to meet an arbitrary Xmas deadline.  oh no.  not at all)

If not Christmas, claim first weekend of may 2024 asap 

8 minutes ago, excel1 said:

I prefer to wait some months more in order to have the better possible film. To hurry up too much is dangerous for quality.

11 minutes ago, excel1 said:

First weekend of may 2024 is taken. First weekend of may 2025 is taken. First weekend of may 2050 is taken 😂   

Spoiler

Also it’s not even a very good slot 😔

16 hours ago, LuisDHern said:

Do you mind elaborating why you consider the opening to be just “decent”? Do you have any numbers to share? 

Well I don’t think anyone would say it’s ‘spectacular’ would they, so I think ‘decent’ is a fair enough description in the context of a Batman movie. It’s a solid figure and, as I said, I look forward to contributing to the gross soon.

(Just to say: I did this whole defensive stanning for the Nolan bat-films too back in the day. Take it from me: life’s too short.)

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

wonder if WB it's gonna push the movie for the oscars

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

critics.png

Got the Critics' Choice distinction. Definitely not unheard of for comic book films, but it seems to be staying at 91 and I can't remember the last time one got higher than that.

I’m sure they will. 

There are lots of aspects here that are Oscar worthy. Cinematography, production design and score for a start. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I love the score for this, but are Michael Giacchino's song titles always this awful and punny? "Meow and You and Everyone We Know"? Good god

Actually yeah they are

The 2nd link is 200 punny titles.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2