Eric the Ape

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

14 minutes ago, JonahVex said:

If it gets NWH type reviews from critics and A+ cinemascore, what kind of multiplier do you guys think it can pull off?

Actually, it depends on what kind of movie it is. Looks to be a dark film, by the trailers. I don't predict enormous legs, even with the empty March

Counterargument: The Joker

Edited by Maggie

18 minutes ago, JonahVex said:

If it gets NWH type reviews from critics and A+ cinemascore, what kind of multiplier do you guys think it can pull off?

2.8x

NWH, which has NWH type reviews and A+ cinemascore and the holidays, won't even pull off a 3x. 

5 minutes ago, RiddlerXXR said:

2.8x

NWH, which has NWH type reviews and A+ cinemascore and the holidays, won't even pull off a 3x. 

NWH has a way bigger OW though, I don’t see a problem with TA-BP legs if the reception is nuts.

Just now, Product Driven Legion said:

Some folks are just trying to make a quick buck :jeb!:

Trying to make a quick buck and someone actually getting to make a quick buck are two very different things.

(also, preeeeety sure this board frowns on such bets, so any such thing would have to be off-board over on reddit or something like that)

3 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

NWH has a way bigger OW though, I don’t see a problem with TA-BP legs if the reception is nuts.

TFA did 3.78x with a comparatively bigger OW (at the time) and arguably weaker WOM (though still great). My new prediction for the domestic box office is no Top 10 opener will go over 3x again. 

As for this film, in theory I can see that but in practice I don't see 3x for it even if WOM is A+ level. Something about a super gritty/dark film in 2022 doesn't work as well as one might have in 2019 for instance. Maybe I'll be totally wrong :batey:

Edited by RiddlerXXR
  • Like 1

Yeah, i too think the timing of the movie is not that great. people want something more cheerful, optimistic, colourful during these dark times.

Joker had the general public hyping the movie. I just don't see this Batman catching the attention of the general audience, just the hardcore fans. they are plenty, but i don't predict a big breakout

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

Yeah, i too think the timing of the movie is not that great. people want something more cheerful, optimistic, colourful during these dark times.

Joker had the general public hyping the movie. I just don't see this Batman catching the attention of the general audience, just the hardcore fans. they are plenty, but i don't predict a big breakout

Just to clarify, I think it's going to be big but not $300M OW big. I can definitely see it match TDK/TDKR OW though. My current prediction is in the 140's. As for legs, I expect 2.4-2.7x 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Trying to make a quick buck and someone actually getting to make a quick buck are two very different things.

Man’s gotta dream

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

(also, preeeeety sure this board frowns on such bets, so any such thing would have to be off-board over on reddit or something like that)

Oh, are they? I think my NWH bet with @ZackM was pretty widely known and I didn’t hear anything about it. But if it’s discouraged I can use wokj instead or whatever.