Eric Loves Rey

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

2 hours ago, JonahVex said:

NWH made $14 mil on its 4th saturday despite the raging of omicron, people don't care about it when it comes to tentpole movies

Tentpoles that they want to see. Some tentpoles did OK (with lots of "would have done better w/o corona I swear" copium), some achieved pre-pandemic levels proving that covid doesn't stop people from watching what they really want to watch. 

17 hours ago, Maggie said:

Yeah, i too think the timing of the movie is not that great. people want something more cheerful, optimistic, colourful during these dark times.

Joker had the general public hyping the movie. I just don't see this Batman catching the attention of the general audience, just the hardcore fans. they are plenty, but i don't predict a big breakout

I'm with you on this one.  I'm a fan of the filmmaker, but I just think at this particular time...unless things really flip positively in 4 weeks, ironically this movie will hit with an OOF instead of a SMASH.  Bat-fanboys will always come out...will everyone else, considering the mood, and that they will gradually find out it will be streaming by mid-April?  

2 hours ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

No one is taking omicron seriously

Therein lies the problem...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

All these twitter guys post the exact same 3 takes that they rotate between every few months. Surely it gets tiresome.

My personal favorite is when the "Why doesn't Bruce Wayne invest in ending homelessness and crime in Gotham?" takes come up every 3 weeks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, wintersoldier2021 said:

No one is taking omicron seriously

Which might bite people in the butt.........

And talking about movie scores before anybody outside the people at Warners have seen the movie seems way premature.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

The use of the words "day" and "date" made me worry for a split sec it was going on HBO Max at the same time

The Batman will be fine come March still thinking O/U $140M OW. 

I'd like to see a more fun Batman too but what they're doing looks great so far so no complaints.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, belblazer said:

All this discussion about the Riddler outfit is hilarious. It was trending all day and created a lot of viral tweets, just because of his look.

Lol What other movie outside of NWH can do that during the COVID era? The good or bad reactions to The Riddler's picture is only adding more attention for the movie that already has a lot of hype. Hopefully WB sticks with that March 4th date.

I'm still confused on why it took this long after 3 trailers for that kind of reaction. That picture was released back in December.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Problem is people want to see the Riddler, not Zodiac.

I don’t see a problem at all with a take on the Riddler that is reminiscent of the Zodiac killer, it’s one of the main things that piquing my interest in this film. I mean let’s face it, they both taunt their would-be-captors with riddles. It’s hardly an out of the realms of possibility stretch…

• Like 1