Eric Loves Rey

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

THE BATMAN will indeed no doubt benefit from 2 dead months in front of it and 1 dead month after it. This is now going to dominate cinema discussion for the foreseeable future. 

THE HYPE COMETH 

Remember when Delta started popping up on late July-early August, a lot of studios panicked and pushed back their September releases leaving Shang-Chi with no competition which was a gigantic benefit for Disney?

Yeah, the same thing is happening with The Batman now in March with Omicron. Any potential damages for the variant will be offset, if not completely destroyed, by the lack of competition.

WB has to stay. 

Edited by 21C
  • Like 1

Huge discourse on The Riddler's costume on twitter. This got the Riddler and the Zodiac Killer trending top 15. Reminds me of the discourse of Heath Ledger Joker's look back in 2007 ( Like what Ledger did, Paul Dano is going to prove a lot of people wrong).  Obviously social media wasn't big back then like it is now. Even more attention for the movie, WB has to stay with that March 4th date, moving it again would kill the momentum.  

Edited by thesmoothknight
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thesmoothknight said:

Huge discourse on The Riddler's costume on twitter. This got the Riddler and the Zodiac Killer trending top 15. Reminds me of the discourse of Heath Ledger Joker's look back in 2007 ( Like what Ledger did, Paul Dano is going to prove a lot of people wrong).  Obviously social media wasn't big back then like it is now. Even more attention for the movie, WB has to stay with that March 4th date, moving it again would kill the momentum.  

This has been utterly dominating social media all week. The opening weekend is really going to explode if reviews are good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This has been utterly dominating social media all week. The opening weekend is really going to explode if reviews are good. 

I'm assuming since it feels like WB is confident as hell in this movie that they're going to have early press screenings and that will be huge if it gets good reactions and reviews. 

13 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Ya reviews are gonna matter as well, maybe this turns out to get reviews like eternals and that will hurt opening weekend a lot. 

I could be off base, but I'd say with shit reviews (BvS) we're looking at $120M and with amazing reviews (NWH) we're looking at $170M. I don't see a scenario where this explodes (i.e Top 10 DOM OW) but I also think there's a pretty decent floor on it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Ya reviews are gonna matter as well, maybe this turns out to get reviews like eternals and that will hurt opening weekend a lot. 

I'm actually not worried about reviews. They will be glowing. Reeves is quality and the test screening reactions have been great.