Impact

Scenes people clapped at

What are scenes in films people clapped at?Other then during the credits.For me ROTK had tons of claps.Other ones:Rise of the Apes-the famous line from the originalIron Man-"He's all yours"X-Men: First Class-Cameo.Just a few of the many I have had.

Claping seems to be very rare in any Australian cinema I have been in. However There was clapping at the opening lines of revenge of the sith at the midnight session.

It is very rare, Midnight sessions are pretty much the only times I've seen it happen. DH2 had lots of clapping near the end as the evil guys were vanquished one by one (particularly bellatrix).

Audience erupted in clapping when Batman drove the Batpod up the wall and turned to face the flipped semi that Joker was in. For some reason, the Batpod briefly driving up the wall and coming back down, did it for everyone in my theatre.There was clapping in The Help. Can't remember the exact scene. I think it was when one of the ladies that was part of the Help got revenge on the mean chick. I think it was during the story telling of her eating her poo.When I saw Drive, lots and lots of clapping during credits, but there was only like 9 people in there. Apparently it impressed us all.

• Like 1

NOTHING, nothing comes even close to DH2. And I doubt anything ever will. 1,700 diehards in a theater, with Potter representing the childhood of the majority there - it was an incredible experience.

The scenes where we cheered like crazy:

The opening montage of the end of DH1

The Warner Bros. Logo

The Deathly Hallows 2 title

When they escaped on the dragon

When Neville first appears

When the trio make their way to the Room of Requirement

"Oh, bloody hell, here we go." - nonstop laughter

"Six months she hasn't seen me, and I'm like Frankie first year." - crazy laughter

When Harry confronts Snape.

The Order walks in through the doors of the Great Hall - BERSERK CHEERING

McGonagall pushes Harry away to battle Snape

Ginny and Hermione, eventually everyone, shielding Harry.

McGonagall orders Filch to take the Slytherin students to the dungeons.

"Why don't you confer with Mr. Finnigan? As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics." - INSANE laughter that drowned out a few seconds of the next scene

"I've always wanted to use that spell." - crowd went NUTS

Hermione destroys the cup

Ron/Hermione kiss

Neville's Speech

Harry leaps out of Hagrid's arms

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!" - I could see a few people actually stand up. This was an insane moment.

Molly kills Bellatrix

Neville slays Nagini and saves Ron/Hermione

Voldemort's death

When we first see Albus and Lily Potter

Seeing Ron in the epilogue

Scenes in which the audience went "aww":

Dobby's grave

Fred/George on the balcony

Snape's, "You have your mother's eyes."

The very last shot of the trio on the bridge.

Hermione hugging Rose.

Scenes in which the audience cried the most:

Snape's death

Snape's memories

Ron sobbing over Fred's body

The shot of Tonks/Lupin on the floor, dead

The epilogue

Standing ovation at the end.

Barbossa walks down the stairs in POTC:DMC. Standing ovation every time for 3 months. No kidding. Worked at the cinema at the time and saw reactions for almost every show.

I thought DMC was a huge let down but I really did like that part and I remember a lot of people clapping at that.

Audience erupted in clapping when Batman drove the Batpod up the wall and turned to face the flipped semi that Joker was in. For some reason, the Batpod briefly driving up the wall and coming back down, did it for everyone in my theatre.

Same thing happened in my theater on opening weekend as well. Another one from that movie is the pencil trick. People were cheering and laughing their asses off when that little sequence happened.