Impact

Scenes people clapped at

You alluded to this already but Hulk's scenes where he punched Thor and especially when he annihilated Loki.  haha..I chuckle just thinking of those scenes.

I saw Avengers twice in theaters and strangely there was no response when Hulk punched Thor except for me chuckling.

I'm going to a midnight screening of Man of Steel tomorrow so hopefully the crowd isn't dead. Lately all the midnight premieres I've been going to have been on the calm, silent type. The best one I've been to has been The Avengers BY FAR. People dressed in costumes, cheering, taking pictures, clapping, just a lot of awesomeness.

In England no-one claps at the cinema, ever. The best response ive heard whilst leaving the cinema was 'yeah that was pretty good'

We are a grumpy bunch.

Don't know about you, but my crowd was absolutely wild with IM3.

Biggest applause moment I have seen in a theater since the Atomic Breath Fatality.

I think the biggest applause moments I have seen at a Hollywood blockbuster in the past few years (I am not counting any revival screenings), besides that JW moment, were the "puny god" scene in TA1, and at the end of "Let It Go" in Frozen. (That is the only time I can recall an audience applauding a musical number as if it were a live performance.)

Edited by TServo2049

Don't know about you, but my crowd was absolutely wild with IM3.

I never witness it, i think the British public are just too stubborn to applaud a movie. I'd understand applauding a play in a theatre because the talent is right there in front of you and people applaud them personally. With a movie you are basically just applauding a screen.