lorddemaxus

Evil Dead Rise - to be directed by Lee Cronin and features new characters (Ash won't return) | April 21, 2023 | New Line

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Evil Dead opened to 25m in 2013. Can this open to 20m this weekend? I’m so ready for it. Seeing it on Friday night with a friend.

Unfortunately tracking was more than halved the other day, $11-16m on BOPro forecast now. Apparently WB aren’t marketing as much as they normally would. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just rewatched Evil Dead 2013. It’s amazing. I somehow always forget just how hard it goes. The syringe in the eye, the wounds, the black goo coming out of her infected hand, the hand under the car. It’s so, so good. 

Intense! Can’t wait for Friday. 

• Like 8

Thought this was great, the Deadites felt a lot closer to the original trilogy in the way that they were malicious and sarcastic rather than just outright sadistic like they were in the 2013 film (which I also liked), so it has more of a fun feel to it. 

It’s probably not quite as vicious as the 2013 one, but it’s still pretty grisly and wince inducing (the cheese grater…).

I’d definitely like to see another one.

Edited by SnokesLegs