Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

1 minute ago, Notthereverseflash24 said:

Nobody is going to care about this next year lol. 

Well, some people on the Internet are going to snarkily continue to bring it up, but yeah, the general public probably couldn’t care less about something like this. Actors getting in trouble for “disorderly conduct” is nothing new. The Internet just has a weird relationship with celebrity culture.

With that said, I can imagine that WB might be more than a little nervous about this. This is the third time in the span of two years that Miller’s name has trended for some weird thing that happened in their personal life. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Well, some people on the Internet are going to snarkily continue to bring it up, but yeah, the general public probably couldn’t care less about something like this. Actors getting in trouble for “disorderly conduct” is nothing new. The Internet just has a weird relationship with celebrity culture.

With that said, I can imagine that WB might be more than a little nervous about this. This is the third time in the span of two years that Miller’s name has trended for some weird thing that happened in their personal life. 

The news got buried quick with the will Smith fiasco.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tarintino said:

Is Michael Keaton actually returning for this?

Uh...yes.  Hello from Earth 1.  But if I were Warners, I would consider just hiring the TV-Flash at this point, to Flashpoint Miller out of narrative existence!  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

Yesterday: into the speed force

today: into the jail

also Ezra Miler should never have been cast as Flash. He is terrible in the role and add to that he is a weirdo with a bunch of issues, and this movie is going to rely on him playing different versions of himself? Lol

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

Uh...yes.  Hello from Earth 1.  But if I were Warners, I would consider just hiring the TV-Flash at this point, to Flashpoint Miller out of narrative existence!  

I would have done that originally - everyone liked that Flash.

• Like 1

I was hoping they would recast his role as the film was taking so long to get going. He is just not Barry Allen. Doesn't act or look the part in the slightest. Really pisses me off knowing he is in that suit. His face and head shape is all wrong for that helmet.  The worst major superhero casting imo. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

You guys are overstating how much people actually care about the CW shows. 

I ain't overstating anything.  I'm saying that seriously at this point, I'd be more open to seeing TV-Flash, or any other new actor in this role, on the big screen, rather than whatever Ezra Miller represents.  That's how annoying all this is.  And yeah, as @John Marston said, apparently we're going to have to deal with

Spoiler

at least two Barry Allens in this movie!! 

Why not just cut down Miller's role to a cameo and make this 75% a late-life Keaton-Batman adventure??  I wouldn't be surprised if some more reshoots add even more Keaton and other heroes.  

Edited by Macleod

16 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I would like to hear Ezra's side of the story. They always seemed like a very nice person to me, I have a good feeling about them. Anyway, a fight in a bar doesn't seem like a reason to cancel someone. 

This is 2 times he has assaulted a woman now while drunk. First time was on tape but people will continue to defend him. I’m not surprised. I’m a Buffy fan and people defended drunk Nick Brendan for years as the arrests stacked up.  Fans will defend their favorites to the end.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

This is 2 times he has assaulted a woman now while drunk. First time was on tape but people will continue to defend him. I’m not surprised. I’m a Buffy fan and people defended drunk Nick Brendan for years as the arrests stacked up.  Fans will defend their favorites to the end.

Guess what?  This latest incident isn't over...the story continued over the next 24 hours following his arrest:  

https://people.com/movies/hawaii-couple-files-for-temporary-restraining-order-against-ezra-miller-following-actors-arrest/

Miller clearly needs help.  

I foresee Warners doing some detailed reshoots on this project to pump up Keaton's role further!  😉

They have plenty of time, now!  

• ...wtf 1

Sigh

I really hate getting into these discussions of whether or not actors should be fired based off incidents from their personal life. I don’t think the incident from a couple of years ago was something Miller necessarily needed to be fired for, especially when I’m still iffy on the context, but if a pattern seems to be emerging, then it just makes the whole conversation really uncomfortable for me. 

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Sigh

I really hate getting into these discussions of whether or not actors should be fired based off incidents from their personal life. I don’t think the incident from a couple of years ago was something Miller necessarily needed to be fired for, especially when I’m still iffy on the context, but if a pattern seems to be emerging, then it just makes the whole conversation really uncomfortable for me. 

You're quick to jump on JK Rowling for having friends with different opinions to you but condoning someone who threatened to kill a guy and his 'slut' wife is what makes you uncomfortable? Strange

2 hours ago, Tarintino said:

You're quick to jump on JK Rowling for having friends with different opinions to you but condoning someone who threatened to kill a guy and his 'slut' wife is what makes you uncomfortable? Strange

Lol nah. JK isn’t getting away with “having friends with different opinions”. 

JK Rowling is a hateful, transphobic bigot.