Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

11 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That would require spending more money on the movie to shoot a new ending featuring the new Superman actor, and aside from the Super Bowl spot I doubt Warner wants to blow more money on this than they have to.

They wouldn’t need to have the new Superman in this movie. They could save that for the solo movie. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

They wouldn’t need to have the new Superman in this movie. They could save that for the solo movie. 

They SHOULD save that for the solo movie. I’ve had enough of Superman getting sidelined theatrically over the last decade, allow him to be introduced in his own movie, not shoehorned into another just to placate comic book movie fans that are obsessed with “OHHHMYGOD CAMEOS!!!”. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

They SHOULD save that for the solo movie. I’ve had enough of Superman getting sidelined theatrically over the last decade, allow him to be introduced in his own movie, not shoehorned into another just to placate comic book movie fans that are obsessed with “OHHHMYGOD CAMEOS!!!”. 

Not to mention having Supes controlled by a director who really did not get the charecter.......

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2023/01/dc-movie-tv-plan-james-gunn-peter-safran-batman-swamp-thing-green-lantern-1235244926/

“We’re going to promise that everything from our first project forward is going to be unified,” said Gunn.

“But we’ve gotten very lucky for the next four projects,” added the filmmaker on the slate that was previously shepherded by former DC boss Walter Hamada.

Those being Shazam! Fury of the Gods (March 17), The Flash (June 16) the latter which Gunn says “resets everything.”

“I will say here that Flash is probably one of the greatest superhero movies ever made,” Gunn added.

“We’ll incorporate characters from the past, but mostly we’ll cast anew,” added the producer of Aquaman and Suicide Squad.

Ditto for the creators of these recent projects. Gunn and Safran would love to reteam with Flash filmmaker Andy Muschietti. Currently James Wan is focusing on finishing Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/ezra-miller-flash-james-gunn-peter-safran-dc-slate-1235244878/

DC Bosses Peter Safran and James Gunn in an unveiling of their DC Universe Chapter 1 yesterday haven’t shut the door on Ezra Miller’s possible return as the Flash.

Despite the actor’s avalanche of 2022 tabloid headlines, the duo expressed their elation for Andy Muschietti’s The Flash, due out on June 16 after a long Covid delay, and how it will reset the DC universe as the hand-off occurs between the Snyder-verse and the new Safran/Gunn-verse.

That said, still TBD on whether Miller reprising the role, however, Safran was very upbeat on the actor’s recovery.

Said Safran, “Ezra is completely committed to their recovery. We’re fully supportive of that journey that they’re on right now.”

“When the time is right, when they feel they are ready to have the discussion, we’ll all figure out what the best way forward is,” added the DC co-boss, “But right now, they are completely focused on their recovery.”

“And in our conversations with them over the last couple of months, it feels like they’re making enormous progress.”

• Like 2

So as expected this will be used as the bridge between two film universes. I still wish that somehow this and Aquaman 2 would switch places. It feels more right for this to be the last DCEU film. It's so confusing that apparently Superman Legacy will begin the new DCU, but that Aquaman 2 also somehow "leads in to the new universe". They're obviously trying to come up with language that makes the Aquaman sequel seem relevant but unless it is somehow repacked into a new DCU film then I don't see how it's relevant after The Flash resets everything.

That and this would kill it at Christmas time. It would be like a smaller No Way Home.

Edited by Verrows
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Verrows said:

So as expected this will be used as the bridge between two film universes. I still wish that somehow this and Aquaman 2 would switch places. It feels more right for this to be the last DCEU film. It's so confusing that apparently Superman Legacy will begin the new DCU, but that Aquaman 2 also somehow "leads in to the new universe". They're obviously trying to come up with language that makes the Aquaman sequel seem relevant but unless it is somehow repacked into a new DCU film then I don't see how it's relevant after The Flash resets everything.

That and this would kill it at Christmas time. It would be like a smaller No Way Home.

I think The Flash will set a new timeline, and in that timeline some heroes will be played by new actors (Superman) and others by the same (Aquaman). They could have reworked Aquaman 2 to be set in this new timeline, and the franchise could continue from there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I think The Flash will set a new timeline, and in that timeline some heroes will be played by new actors (Superman) and others by the same (Aquaman). They could have reworked Aquaman 2 to be set in this new timeline, and the franchise could continue from there.

Yeah if they go that route then things should work out fine and the Shazam sequel will really be the only big casualty (sadly...).

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2023/02/2023-super-bowl-movie-trailers-the-flash-fast-x-transformers-ant-man-expected-1235247160/

A big deal this year: Warner Bros, which has typically sat on the sidelines in previous Super Bowls, is expected to have a spot for the June 16 release of DC’s The Flash, which the comic book studio’s co-boss James Gunn has declared “probably one of the greatest superhero movies ever made.” The pic starring Ezra Miller is expected to re-set the DC Universe.