Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

On 5/15/2023 at 6:49 PM, Black Hawk said:

I just realized that this movie does not have 3D version, 2D only. 👍

3d will not become permanent until they find a way to do it without the glasses.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 21C said:

This amount of early screenings is more reeking of desperation instead of confidence imo

I mean of course there’s some desperation, with marketing they would have spent easily 300m now on the movie so they obviously want to position the movie in the most positive way possible. And what’s better then positive wom? 

They’re obviously confident in the movie, it tested well, they showed it months in advance. But with all that said, it doesn’t really mean much cause maybe critics won’t like it and maybe audiences don’t want to give the movie a chance? I guess we’ll see soon. 

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

King wrote some classic horror novels, but why should we care what he thinks about this movie? lol

I didn’t say you should care cause I don’t but I assume others may respect his opinions. 

6 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

He is one of the most renowned authors and more important thing is he has 7.1 million followers on twitter. Definitely has some impact. 

It feels a little desperate by WB. I don't see other studios doing this in terms of marketing, trying to get as many celerbity recommends as possible.

Also Kings audience is something I just don't see being interested in the Flash in the first place. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

It feels a little desperate by WB. I don't see other studios doing this in terms of marketing, trying to get as many celerbity recommends as possible.

Also Kings audience is something I just don't see being interested in the Flash in the first place. 

Or there's a possibility this movie is something special.
Also there's the obvious IT connection, so he 
probably got a personal invitation by Andy Muschietti.

• Like 3

There’s absolutely some desperation going on here when WB is using Tom Cruise and Stephen King to hype up their movie. Zaslav has been pulling out all the stops to get the word out that this movie is apparently so good it cures cancer or whatever. 

• Like 5

Can’t really see Cruise or King being shills for WB (for what reason?)but I don’t really care either way tbh. 

It will be interesting to see what critics and audiences think of the movie. 

1 hour ago, 21C said:

This amount of early screenings is more reeking of desperation instead of confidence imo

Or, just spit balling here, they're marketing the movie. Yeah I know, such a foreign concept 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vinny2487 said:

Or, just spit balling here, they're marketing the movie. Yeah I know, such a foreign concept 😉

There's a big difference between that and just getting every single non-critic person with a big following to say they like it

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Desperation from WB? Maybe. But, any press not involving Ezra Miller is still good press. 

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

I mean … they’re clearly desperate 

But the movie can be great too, two things can be true at once 

By all indications, the movie is really good. But, when your lead star is in rehab and has too many scandals to do press tours, you need to find any alternatives possible to promote the movie.

• Like 3