Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

5 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Anything below MoS total worldwide would be a total failure for a film that WBD is marketing like “one of the best ever” that aims to justify the eradication of what MoS started.

Not all the braggery in the world of WB can change the fact this is a movie set in a dead universe and with all the baggage it has of the DCEU. I think more important than the cold numbers is the audience reception and the goodwill it generates for the future DC universe. 

• Like 3

Man of Steel - $668M

Justice League - $657M

Curious to know if it outgross any of them, or it could end at $600M.

Also it does have a chance to end in the Top 10 WW box office along with Aquaman:

1 - Super Mario $1.3B

2 - Guardians 3 $783M

3- Fast X $660M

4 - 10

- Mission Impossible 

- The Hunger Games

- The Marvels

- Aquaman 2

- The Flash 

- Across the SpiderVerse / Indiana Jones 5

Tbh, I don't see Barbie or Oppenheimer doing $500M.

57 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Joker was divisive domestically. DOM numbers are tied with Aquaman for lowest for a 1B CBM. And Aquaman had the task of rebuilding lost goodwill for the DCEU after JL + a far less popular character.

It was rated R, i feel like people aren’t taking that into account since aquaman had a lot of younger viewers that wouldn’t be able to see Joker

The joker discourse was 20% discourse about the film and 80% discourse about the discourse. It was like the inverse ghostbusters 2016 where instead of critics exaggerating fanboy anger it was fanboys exaggerating critical anger. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Anything below MoS total worldwide would be a total failure for a film that WBD is marketing like “one of the best ever” that aims to justify the eradication of what MoS started.

JUst because they marketed as best comic book ever" doesn't make it or mean it was .  Even with the marketing presales were just ok which just tells us  the brand even  with all the chattter can't generate sufficient buzz for strong presales ,it's basically a damaged  brand.

With presales going on for  weeks ,think we have  had time to adjust our expectations but some want to so eagerly brand this a failure if its below MOS total.

600-650m total on a 200m budget is a win after like 5 flops in a row  .

Even with better circumstances this would have been a 350m domestic, 800m+ WW run. Doubt it was gonna touch some lofty predictions some had.

• Like 1

Okay this clip right here is bad, not the actual clip that looks awesome but the VFX is making it look like a PS3 game. I don´t mind bad VFX, but this is rough. On the other hand Sasha looks absolute perfect for the role. Can´t wait to watch her in this.

• Astonished 3

3 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Yes, pretty much and it's not even all that divisive in the U.S. either.  It's a loud minority.  I'm not sure if posters outside of the U.S. realize this but the political discourse in the United States is so broken and fractured that nearly everything, every song, every movie, every commercial, etc. has folks picking sides and even trying to find something political in things that aren't meant to be. 

For those who live outside of the U.S.,  it's actually quite exhausting to discuss almost any form of entertainment or even sports because there's all sorts of jockeying for some sort of political position going on everywhere you look.  

Amen! Coming now back to the forum after a year and a half, it seems to gotten visibly worse. Less tolerance for different points of view and more dogmatic approach to everything. Dividing people into broard, generalized categories, and making even broader assumptions on their intentions and motives, or hidden agendas. Kills the idea of "forum" pretty fast.

Btw, visiting homeland in Europe and saw a news clip on prime time TV news on how around the Europe they've projected the old batman logo in cities across Europe (/world?) to iconic buildings. I wouldn't underestimate the thirst for Keaton's Batman in Europe too even if it doesn't make the day for the whole BO.

Tim Burton Film GIF by Tech Noir

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

Okay this clip right here is bad, not the actual clip that looks awesome but the VFX is making it look like a PS3 game. I don´t mind bad VFX, but this is rough. On the other hand Sasha looks absolute perfect for the role. Can´t wait to watch her in this.

I've been saying for weeks the action will probably be sick and visually inventive and the CGI will undercut the inventiveness. Looks like that's the case so far!

It'll be kinda interesting to see how this does internationally.
Domestically is incredibly predictable by now (200-270ish million, if it can really leg out 300 million but I doubt it) but internationally is where an overperformance might be able to happen. The god-awful Justice League 2017 opened to $185 million internationally (with 51 million of that coming from China), which is insane when you consider that domestically it only opened to 93 million.  That also ended up with a $428 million international gross compared to the mediocre $229 million domestic gross, which is what propelled it into ending in the $600 million range. 
And if you look at the history of the DCEU, international numbers are all over the place. Aquaman completely exploded in a way no one saw coming, but then in most recent times Shazam 2 and Black Adam have done equally or worse internationally than they did domestically (TSS and WW84 are pointless to even look at because of the pandemic) The Batman grossed only $401 million internationally (which is surprisingly lower than Justice League)

If this somehow manages to open up over 100 million internationally, it may have a shot at reaching 300 million with strong legs. And if it has strong legs domestically, maaaybe that's enough to make it end at 600 million or so.

If this opens up to lower than 100 million, or worse, under 90 million internationally, then yeah this movie's kinda f*cked. Ending in the 500s range worldwide would be more than enough to consider this a borderline flop because I'm not even sure that's enough to break even theatrically.

Edited by 21C

10 minutes ago, 21C said:

It'll be kinda interesting to see how this does internationally.
Domestically is incredibly predictable by now (200-270ish million, if it can really leg out 300 million but I doubt it) but internationally is where an overperformance might be able to happen. The god-awful Justice League 2017 opened to $185 million internationally (with 51 million of that coming from China), which is insane when you consider that domestically it only opened to 93 million.  That also ended up with a $428 million international gross compared to the mediocre $229 million domestic gross, which is what propelled it into ending in the $600 million range. 
And if you look at the history of the DCEU, international numbers are all over the place. Aquaman completely exploded in a way no one saw coming, but then in most recent times Shazam 2 and Black Adam have done equally or worse internationally than they did domestically (TSS and WW84 are pointless to even look at because of the pandemic) The Batman grossed only $401 million internationally (which is surprisingly lower than Justice League)

If this somehow manages to open up over 100 million internationally, it may have a shot at reaching 300 million with strong legs. And if it has strong legs domestically, maaaybe that's enough to make it end at 600 million or so.

If this opens up to lower than 100 million, or worse, under 90 million internationally, then yeah this movie's kinda f*cked. Ending in the 500s range worldwide would be more than enough to consider this a borderline flop because I'm not even sure that's enough to break even theatrically.

Breakeven point BO wise is probably around $575-600m. Would be about $25m lower without the delayed release and other delays related costs.

1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

I think it looks ok, not the worst I've seen (Moon Knight, Thor 4) but definitely not even on the level of Black Adam (Shazam 2 had some wonky CGI scenes), I guess this is the problem of also relying on too much green screen and VFX sets vs like for example The Batman, GotG3 or TSS which had a lot of practical sets and costumes/makeup.

Also the original user who posted the video used the RebelMoon # and also the RTSV name so who knows if this is from the first screenings or the last cut and the video is zoomed (since it's missing parts of both sides).

• Knock It Off 1

It’s still beyond me how WB ended up jeopardizing and messing the DCEU over the past 6 years.

Yes, Snyder is a controversial director that made some controversial choices but his 5 movies plan for Supes, Batman and the JL vs Darkseid would’ve been extremely cool to witness.

We got a glimpse of that in ZSJL and even if the 4 hours film is something designed for hardcore fans it still has some peak DC moments in it with good direction, emotional punches and scoring.

Too bad they butchered BvS into a 150 mins mess and then destroyed JL in a desperate retroactive move to copy Marvel.

Now after 5 abysmal flops in a row we are going to see TIM BURTON’s 70 years old Batman fighting Kryptonians within a dead end movie for a brand that’s gonna be rebooted in another two years…

• Like 1

$600M and positive general audience reception would be a huge win for a movie that had so much chaos surrounding it. 

Plus, this movie means nothing in the grand scheme of things for the DC brand.  I don't believe the brand is damaged when The Batman can have another reboot and kill it at the box office.  

James Gunn's Superman is the movie to watch for DC going forward.  

• Like 1

I think very similar too Batman Begins, audience reaction is extremely important here. If it has a leggy run, there is definitely still a future for this guy.