Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

I love how this movie has not even come out yet and we are in the Andy Mussichetti  backlash phase. Most of the reviews I have read and seen say he does a great job and it seems like Gunn and Safran agree and no matter what happens financially with this movie that is not on him because it is stuff he had no control over. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

IT - Chapter One is really good.   I think the disappointment of Chapter Two is now having people act as if the first one wasn't a huge success all around.  

Chapter 2 was always problemtic, even in the original book.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Chapter 2 was always problemtic, even in the original book.

Agreed.  The Spider didn't exactly play well in the Made-For-TV movie version either. Chapter One was always the stand out.  

I also agree that nobody what happens with The Flash,  Andy is good in WB/DC.   

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

I love how this movie has not even come out yet and we are in the Andy Mussichetti  backlash phase. Most of the reviews I have read and seen say he does a great job and it seems like Gunn and Safran agree and no matter what happens financially with this movie that is not on him because it is stuff he had no control over. 

I mena, he definitely had control over the quality and the visuals of the film. And the reviews all agreed the visuals are a problem, which is being reflected in the marketing material they've been putting out as well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 21C said:

I mena, he definitely had control over the quality and the visuals of the film. And the reviews all agreed the visuals are a problem, which is being reflected in the marketing material they've been putting out as well. 

The visual effects, not the visual language of the film.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The visual effects, not the visual language of the film.

For a movie like this in which all the biggest scenes are the VFX-heavy scenes (which are also the ones being promoted the most in the trailers) that's pretty much the same thing. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 21C said:

And yet a lot of those reviewers still are positive on the movie overall.  I think the not great ticket sales are more a reflection of the overall DC and star of the movie  issues  which Andy had no control over. 

24 minutes ago, 21C said:

For a movie like this in which all the biggest scenes are the VFX-heavy scenes (which are also the ones being promoted the most in the trailers) that's pretty much the same thing. 

Still not the same thing at all, he's doing plenty of creative things with the camera in the movie, mostly having a lot of fun with ways to show the Flash's speed. He's competent behind the camera and tries to bring some flair to the movie. He's not one of the overworked and poorly paid visual effects artists having to constantly follow whatever changes the studio may have demanded along the way. not all visual effects look bad in the movie, and visual effects are not the only visuals in the movie.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MightyDargon said:

Are the "not great" ticket sales really that far off what Transformers got up till this week?

Nope in fact they seem to almost double those so that is why we should  not be sweating it until Thursday afternoon/night when the estimates start coming in. 

4 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

If people are not on board with seeing the movie by now then there is nothing that can change that in a few days.

Isn't that true of most movies. Me and my friends and family who plan to see the movie have not bought our tickets yet. There are a lot of us like that.  

11 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Isn't that true of most movies. Me and my friends and family who plan to see the movie have not bought our tickets yet. There are a lot of us like that.  

Yes, but these trends in buying tend to happen in a fairly predictable manner and there is a correlation between the behavior of those who are prebuying a week before and those who buy late. Not perfect but it's not as if we have to just throw up our hands and pretend that we don't know anything about where this is headed. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Most people don't buy tickets until a few days before or they are walkups. 

Every single person that has been doing any sort of projections in the tracking thread has accounted for that.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

It's actually a good sign that Transformers came in above expectations. The same could happen with The Flash. 

If Transformers was predicted to open with $46M via Box Office Pro and opened to $60M, I could see TF going from $72M to more around the $85-90M range. 

Gonna be super interesting next weekend...

1 minute ago, von Kenni said:

Isn't it liberating that in less than a week we know if it's going to bomb or not? Then we can move this discussion to the next target.

I mean, idk if there's much debate as to whether blue beetle's gonna bomb. I guess the next debate will be over... joker 2?

2 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

It's actually a good sign that Transformers came in above expectations. The same could happen with The Flash. 

If Transformers was predicted to open with $46M via Box Office Pro and opened to $60M, I could see TF going from $72M to more around the $85-90M range. 

Gonna be super interesting next weekend...

My pseudo sense is putting my money on this too. It'll be fine and most likely will perform much better than the doom and gloom predicted here even if the current tracking supports that. But hey, better to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised than the opposite.

Just now, TMP said:

I mean, idk if there's much debate as to whether blue beetle's gonna bomb. I guess the next debate will be over... joker 2?

My pseudo-sense will bet that we'll go through this same discussion with Blue Beetle. I can already be amazed at how that can succeed but need to check the budget and maybe the latino targeting works...but now I'm getting ahead of the discussion. One slaughter at a time ;)

• Like 1