Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m aware. What I’m saying is that I’m not setting myself for disappointment, the reaction and reviews from critics I trust (Lussier, Ryan and Erbland) released the last hours got me back into the Indy hype train, and that didn’t happen with The Flash as of yet. I think there is still a healthy time for Indy to gather hype to its release date, and I actually expect big critics to side more with the latter reviews than the Cannes ones. Dial of Destiny doesn’t need to be Logan, neither the best Indiana Jones film ever. It just needs to be a good Indiana Jones send off, I think people are understimating the nostalgia aspect when it comes to Indy, and that’s a wild card that might still has time to create a build up, unlike something that is coming out next week. 

You don't need to quip and barb at The Flash and you can take your thoughts on IJDOD to the proper thread if you wish to discuss it. 

• Thanks 4

Just now, XXR 2099 said:

You don't need to quip and barb at The Flash and you can take your thoughts on IJDOD to the proper thread if you wish to discuss it. 

That wasn’t what I did. And I think it’s crazy how touchy it is to compare two upcoming releases with similar trackings and how different a similar subset of posters react to two upcoming releases. I’m actually going to watch The Flash at a movie theater, something I didn’t do with Shazam! 2 for example. Tried to dm Eric but I don’t remember how to do it anymore, feel free to erase this post, but it’s wild how we can get all doom and gloom on the Indy thread and not talk openly how disproportional that is compared to this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

That wasn’t what I did. And I think it’s crazy how touchy it is to compare two upcoming releases with similar trackings and how different a similar subset of posters react to two upcoming releases. I’m actually going to watch The Flash at a movie theater, something I didn’t do with Shazam! 2 for example. Tried to dm Eric but I don’t remember how to do it anymore, feel free to erase this post, but it’s wild how we can get all doom and gloom on the Indy thread and not talk openly how disproportional that is compared to this thread.

DM'ing is simple. Just got to "Messages" and "Compose New" and put in Eric's name. 

As for your point, unfortunately the rhetoric around DC is far more toxic than around Indiana Jones and because of that, there's less leniency here than in other threads. While we'd all like for things to be equal across the forum, the simple fact is they're not. I don't mind you making comparisons between what the Flash presales are looking like versus other films, but they way in which things are worded and the intent behind the posts matter nearly as much as the information provided. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XXR 2099 said:

DM'ing is simple. Just got to "Messages" and "Compose New" and put in Eric's name. 

As for your point, unfortunately the rhetoric around DC is far more toxic than around Indiana Jones and because of that, there's less leniency here than in other threads. While we'd all like for things to be equal across the forum, the simple fact is they're not. I don't mind you making comparisons between what the Flash presales are looking like versus other films, but they way in which things are worded and the intent behind the posts matter nearly as much as the information provided. 

I’m not advocating for stricter discussions on the Indiana Jones thread, mind you. Out of context of what I said on my deleted post, my latter post comparing the two films sound silly. I was simply pointing out that neither films have their RT scores or box office OW numbers set in stone and everything is still in flux, and while I completely understand why DC threads are more sensitive than others from a moderation standpoint, I think that pointing out intent like we’re in minority report by simply it making a observation is a bit much. Thanks for the DM tip, it’s been a while since I’ve used.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m not advocating for stricter discussions on the Indiana Jones thread, mind you. Out of context of what I said on my deleted post, my latter post comparing the two films sound silly. I was simply pointing out that neither films have their RT scores or box office OW numbers set in stone and everything is still in flux, and while I completely understand why DC threads are more sensitive than others from a moderation standpoint, I think that pointing out intent like we’re in minority report by simply it making a observation is a bit much. Thanks for the DM tip, it’s been a while since I’ve used.

Seeeee if the previous posts had been more in this vain it would have been better :P 

3 hours ago, 21C said:

That's the challenge that Brave and the Bold will have to navigate too. It'll need to craft a fantastical Batman that still doesn't completely alienate or lose its domestic audiences (meaning that it'll probably need to retain the darkness/craft that's been expected from the brand) but that also blows up in international markets with big, exciting action set-pieces or whatever. DC will need to be very very careful with that movie, especially since The Flash is pretty much proving you can't just put Batman in a film and expect it to even have a big opening.

Agreed on everything here. The choice of the director must be very accurate, they have to put the movie in the right hands.

3 hours ago, 21C said:

Although, a counter point to the "international needs big action" argument is probably Joker. That film is still part of Batman's franchise, so maybe there's something to be learned there too in regards to how international audiences can respond to Batman. At its time, TDK was also the highest the Batman franchise had ever gone international as well, although that had more action. 

That is a good debate to think about. I think Joker just entered the zeitgest and that is very difficult to replicate, the movie would have to have some novelty attached to it or be TDK level good. I am very confident in The Batman Part 2 with the goodwill it has and Reeves being a great director, I think he set things up with the first and now has a clear path to do something even greater and take more liberties. The Brave and The Bold is another story, it's a complete wildcard to me. I still think DC should do a Spiderverse type of animation with Batman, have to take advantage of the hype and build even more goodwill to the IP with other projects. 

20 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Saw an sold out free screening of Flash. It was unfortunately not at Imax or PLF and its been ages since I saw any movie outside Imax or Dolby and the picture and sound quality suck big time 🙂

Movie itself was good. I am all for Andy directing next Bats movie in DCU. He did a good job and movie was mostly good. There are issues with CGI for sure. I thought Miller did a good job overall and Keaton/Sasha were very good. Keaton Bats got kind of bad ass action scenes not even Burton gave him. Overall would say Solid B+/A- and easily the best of DCEU(very low bar for me as I never loved any movie in this universe). Audience did laugh at all the moments and loudest cheer came in the final scene. Post credit was just for laughs. Not sure why it was not shown in earlier shows. I guess WB did not decide what to show there for sure. They had more than one option based on rumors. 

This is the reaction I expect 95% of the general public to have. A nice leggy run should be in store regardless of what it opens to.

• Like 1

I'm getting the impression that this movie is just fine. Wouldn't be a big deal but considering how dire things are for DC and WB as a whole, not exactly pointing a huge hit here. If it's indeed a multiverse movie, why pay for the inferior when you can just see Spider-Man? Why do studios shy away from August? Just boneheaded. 

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

For some reason DCU threads have , more then most franchise threads, a tendacy to become  brawls .

I think it's because there's simply a lot of people who want DC movies to do poorly and thus there's people who feel they need to defend the movies, I don't see the same amount of concern trolling in other threads.  I'm a big fan of the Fast franchise and over the past 20 years you'll see people who say "these movies suck" but there's not the same amount of vitriol, concern trolling or cheering against the franchise.  

I don't think that's a conspiracy theory either, just read through the thread and you can watch every step of the way the people who are gleeful at the idea that the tracking may be lower than expected or the presales are lower or when Variety says the budget is $190M and people flat out say that's false as if they have inside info, etc.   People love to bring up the whole Snyder saga,  like bro that was a decade ago.  Why are we still debating that stuff? 

Every DC thread turns into the same thing. 

• Like 1

By the way, I think at this point the RT score is what it is in terms of whether it will help presales or help the OW walkups.  It's been sitting at 72% for a couple days and now it's up to 74%.  I can see it dipping into the 60s by but that point it won't matter because everyone has already made up their mind. 

Audience scores and WOM are next up.   

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

I think it's because there's simply a lot of people who want DC movies to do poorly and thus there's people who feel they need to defend the movies, I don't see the same amount of concern trolling in other threads.  I'm a big fan of the Fast franchise and over the past 20 years you'll see people who say "these movies suck" but there's not the same amount of vitriol, concern trolling or cheering against the franchise.  

I don't think that's a conspiracy theory either, just read through the thread and you can watch every step of the way the people who are gleeful at the idea that the tracking may be lower than expected or the presales are lower or when Variety says the budget is $190M and people flat out say that's false as if they have inside info, etc.   People love to bring up the whole Snyder saga,  like bro that was a decade ago.  Why are we still debating that stuff? 

Every DC thread turns into the same thing. 

You should've seen the Avatar 2 thread. Their disappointment every-time the movie performed above expectations every ensuing week was hilarious to see. :hahaha:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vector Sigma said:

I'm getting the impression that this movie is just fine. Wouldn't be a big deal but considering how dire things are for DC and WB as a whole, not exactly pointing a huge hit here. If it's indeed a multiverse movie, why pay for the inferior when you can just see Spider-Man? Why do studios shy away from August? Just boneheaded. 

WB literally has two wide releases in August. Meg 2, where the original did quite well, and Blue Beetle where WB had some pass success with cbm type movies. 

• Like 1

Attending the Singapore premiere on Tuesday! Can't wait.

Exhibitors here who attended prescreenings are raving about it. 75% IMAX showtimee to Flash on Wed (OD) and 100% IMAX showtimes to The Flash from Thurs onwards.

• Like 4

85.png

lol it's been funny to see how much it's been taking for The Flash to move up on MetaCritic. 85, 80, 63, an earlier review changing from 50 to 63, and then now another 85 from CNN, and all that's happened is moving the average from 60 to 61.

Edited by Lucas
  • Astonished 1

13 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m aware. What I’m saying is that I’m not setting myself for disappointment, the reaction and reviews from critics I trust (Lussier, Ryan and Erbland) released the last hours got me back into the Indy hype train, and that didn’t happen with The Flash as of yet. I think there is still a healthy time for Indy to gather hype to its release date, and I actually expect big critics to side more with the latter reviews than the Cannes ones. Dial of Destiny doesn’t need to be Logan, neither the best Indiana Jones film ever. It just needs to be a good Indiana Jones send off, I think people are understimating the nostalgia aspect when it comes to Indy, and that’s a wild card that might still has time to create a build up, unlike something that is coming out next week. 

Those 3 reviewers all gave Flash a Fresh RT review...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

85.png

lol it's been funny to see how much it's been taking for The Flash to move up on MetaCritic. 85, 80, 63, an earlier review changing from 50 to 63, and then now another 85 from CNN, and all that's happened is moving the average from 60 to 61.

The Telegraph's 2/5 it's already listed? 

13 hours ago, XXR 2099 said:

Can you please screenshot where messages is? I don't need to DM anyone but I genuinely can't find it so I'm obviously missing something simple. 

I made a help desk(?) about this a while ago but never got a response. 

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

85.png

Every publication that loves it must barely be weighted lol, sad

2 minutes ago, Welcbr12 said:

The Telegraph's 2/5 it's already listed? 

And to rub salt in the wound, no it is not listed yet :whosad:

• Sad 1