Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

As to be expected, we are getting a lot of Fan Denial  about the recoption of this film.

Like one rave review from a  geek blooger is going to change everything.

Aren't you tired of trying to be negative and bring down anything that's a bit positive about this movie?
What is your problem??

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

I could see this pulling an Aquaman: 65% on RT, 55 on MC. Not awful, not great. Very meh. 

I also think it could pull an Aquaman in that it doesn’t get great critical reception but audiences like it well enough to give it substantial legs

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Did Rotten Tomatoes just change the critic consensus on their website? 

LOL, yes  The score went down and they upgraded the consensus to

The Flash is funny, fittingly fast-paced, and overall ranks as one of the best DC movies in recent years.

29 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

LOL, yes  The score went down and they upgraded the consensus to

The Flash is funny, fittingly fast-paced, and overall ranks as one of the best DC movies in recent years.

I imagine they changed it either at 100 reviews, or when it was at 74%

Been rewatching the Keaton Batman films and while I've enjoyed them probably more than I ever had I find it hard to imagine Keaton's Batman work well outside the aesthetic, style and tone that came with Tim Burton. Even in the trailers the Batman suit while great feels out of place.

55 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Been rewatching the Keaton Batman films and while I've enjoyed them probably more than I ever had I find it hard to imagine Keaton's Batman work well outside the aesthetic, style and tone that came with Tim Burton. Even in the trailers the Batman suit while great feels out of place.

Have you seen The Flash movie?

Good news about the breakeven point. Apparently Flash was shot in the UK too and will get the 25% repay incentive from production costs. It seems that Disney and Warner produce all these big budget films mainly in the UK now.

If Flash has $220m budget and we assume about $50m repay, the breakeven box office number might be as low as $450m WW. Not bad at all. On the upside, even $600m+ would mean a nice profit already, and $700m+ would be super.

6 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah, that's a worry for myself too. I'm generally not a big fan of the esthetics that look like the world we live in in the superhero movies. That was the downside in Nolan Batmans for me. Burton's Batman, Sin City, and the spider verse have more interesting worlds for me. 

1 hour ago, von Kenni said:

Good news about the breakeven point. Apparently Flash was shot in the UK too and will get the 25% repay incentive from production costs. It seems that Disney and Warner produce all these big budget films mainly in the UK now.

If Flash has $220m budget and we assume about $50m repay, the breakeven box office number might be as low as $450m WW. Not bad at all. On the upside, even $600m+ would mean a nice profit already, and $700m+ would be super.

So this applies to TLM and GotGV3 as well regarding the repay incentive? Or, were neither shot there?