Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

The Flash is heading to be the biggest OW disappointment since Avatar 2 especially online hype back when first batch of marketing material was a lot more intense and healthy.

DC overall is facing some serious brand damage issue like Terminator franchise. Way too many reboot and change of direction in recent years, as well as awfully a lot of behind the scene drama that caused confusion and lost of interest among general public.  In the end, no matter how good the product is, the general audience just stop caring. That is why the online hype was never properly translate to wider audience. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, martin said:

Please China make flash into Aquaman box office size.....

I keep hearing the Chinese presales are awful.  If it is a hit overseas it has to be from Europe and Latin America.

• Knock It Off 1

44 minutes ago, 21C said:

Still on the "this extraordinarily awful CGI is probably turning off audiences from wanting to see this" camp. 

It's not even the quality of the CG (which is admittedly pretty mediocre), it's the very specific camera movements and angles. At 0:07 it really looks like the player is about to be given control of Supergirl.

1 hour ago, DInky said:

It's not even the quality of the CG (which is admittedly pretty mediocre), it's the very specific camera movements and angles. At 0:07 it really looks like the player is about to be given control of Supergirl.

It's for sure the quality of the CGI. Transformers just had a ton of stupid-looking digital camera movements this weekend and it did gangbusters relative to expectations! Every big blockbuster has them, and the camerawork in this movie has been cited as a positive in a lot of reviews. You know what has been panned across the board? The CGI. It's horrendous and taking me out of what I believe will be a decent story.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Doubt that’s the cause. 

There are probably about a thousand different reasons this is underperforming but the bad CGI is definitely not helping either.

It won't bomb, but won;t be a massive blockbuster either. 

IMHO Warners will end up making a decent profit on it but it won't be the  Cash Cow they were working for.

What is interesating is how this no longer a "Must Be A Big Hit for the DCU" the way it once was, with the Gunn Reboot in the works.

• Like 1

But given the huge budget and  the long,long time it had in post production..much longer then most Big films..there is no excuse if the CGI is as bad as reported. Reasons, maybe, but no excusese. It's called incompetence on somebody'spart.

The discourse around this particular movie is so exhausting that I'm just excited for it to come out so we can move the hell on and be one step closer to anticipating Superman: Legacy and The Batman: Part Two.

I actually expect Blue Beetle to get better reviews than The Flash, but I have to imagine Aquaman 2 will be a comical disaster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

The discourse around this particular movie is so exhausting that I'm just excited for it to come out so we can move the hell on and be one step closer to anticipating Superman: Legacy and The Batman: Part Two.

I actually expect Blue Beetle to get better reviews than The Flash, but I have to imagine Aquaman 2 will be a comical disaster.

feel like blue beetle will be low-to-mid 60's which is roughly where i see flash landing too. i think the dc film i'm most interested in critically is joker 2... that could go anywhere lol

22 minutes ago, TMP said:

feel like blue beetle will be low-to-mid 60's which is roughly where i see flash landing too. i think the dc film i'm most interested in critically is joker 2... that could go anywhere lol

In the 60's would be a good opening for Blue Beetle, but not a good one for The FLash, given how much more was spent on The FLahs.. nearly twice as much as on Blue Beetle.

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

In the 60's would be a good opening for Blue Beetle, but not a good one for The FLash, given how much more was spent on The FLahs.. nearly twice as much as on Blue Beetle.

i meant RT wise, idk if beetle will even clear 60m dom total

Curious what critics at tonight's premiere and later throughout the week think. I think the film is leaning positive so far, but we all know things can change at the drop of a hat (WW84).

Anyway, there's still a bunch of positive reviews that have yet to be published.

Edited by ConnorFilm

I get it, but man I just also do not get it lol. Like, Transformers is a completely tired franchise and this new one brought almost literally nothing new to the table and had super strong audience reactions/walkups. I'd love to actually know why Flash just isn't clicking? Is it because there was an 8 season long show? Is it because of the ZS baggage? I have a really hard time thinking it's the VFX when everything in the trailers/tv spots (which the majority of the population would see, rather than the clips) is mostly fine.

I'm seeing it on Thursday, and obviously it's not like it's going to be a continuing series. It's just a bummer to see it faltering like this. Especially since it has decent reviews, the Batman aspect, etc etc.

• Like 4