Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

3 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I don’t know why my comment was deleted but whatever 

I really don’t understand what WB sees in Ezra Miller, to be giving him these major roles in Fantastic Beasts and Flash, or protecting and choosing him over previous directors. 

I think there was some article saying research showed Flash and Aquaman was audiences' favorite characters in Justice League. If audiences responded that well to Ezra Miller in the role that's enough of a reason to keep him. Aquaman went on to gross over a billion.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

I think there was some article saying research showed Flash and Aquaman was audiences' favorite characters in Justice League. If audiences responded that well to Ezra Miller in the role that's enough of a reason to keep him. Aquaman went on to gross over a billion.

Half of the people who talk about Ezra Miller’s Flash seem to think he was bad in JL. 

• Thanks 3

totally bizarre in this thread how people are equating a video of ezra literally choking a woman to jk rowling's tweets or gal gadot's dumb corona singalong. there is proof of assault right in front of people's faces, and still people are wondering about 'context' 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

Honestly If I was Ezra Miller I wouldn't have even thought of putting hands on anybody, even if it was in a playful manner and especially if there are cameras nearby. Idk if these fans or this woman in particular was being real annoying to him prior to this clip but if it were me I would still just walk away. So many people seem to lack a developed sense of consequence, think about how your actions would be perceived and how something could come back to bite you in the ass. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, clockwork said:

Honestly If I was Ezra Miller I wouldn't have even thought of putting hands on anybody, even if it was in a playful manner and especially if there are cameras nearby. Idk if these fans or this woman in particular was being real annoying to him prior to this clip but if it were me I would still just walk away. So many people seem to lack a developed sense of consequence, think about how your actions would be perceived and how something could come back to bite you in the ass. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Not only that, but with the current state of things in the world, making physical contact with a random stranger is a massive risk 

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2020 at 9:44 AM, JGAR4LIFE said:

Not only that, but with the current state of things in the world, making physical contact with a random stranger is a massive risk 

Might have thought he was irreplaceable but you find out a lot of things I think in those circles if your actions from drinking go borderline crazy. I would love gustin to be the flash in the movies and the show. I think it could be done . the quesrion.does wb have the creative mindset to pull it off.😎?

1 minute ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I saw some news post that wb are cancelling it over this??.

Is this official anyone or still rumors. Looks bad for the flash project and ezras career. I forgot he was in the HP prequels as well.

I still don’t get why Ezra Miller is even bothering at this point. He might as well just retire. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

The fact that nothing has come out of this makes me worried that WB will keep him, he would’ve been fired by now 

Of course he will stay. Like you said, nothing came of it. No police complaints were filed, in fact the law never got involved. The person who posted the video took it down from twitter and could not keep the story straight. If anything was going to happen, it would have required more corroboration and a longer video than the 6 seconds only. And Ezra has not had any history of violence or public intoxication or anything similar. Also with the news cycles now, this is basically ancient news and has been almost forgotten online as everyone moved to the next thing.

It's pretty much a closed chapter unless there is a longer video or something similar. No police complaints filed is the biggest thing because that means this is not a matter of public record. If there was a police complaint leading to arrests or legal issues, then there was a chance Ezra might have been dumped, but right now that's not going to happen, especially not based on whatever we have in front of us.

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2020 at 3:40 AM, Jake Gittes said:

He really seemed poised to become a huge deal after those two movies. Definitely wouldn't have expected that he'd instead sink without a trace into the WB franchise swamp.

TBF there was a full 3 year gap between Perks and his casting in Fantastic Beasts/DCEU. His career didn't exactly skyrocket immediately after Kevin and Wallflower, owing in no small part to his non-conformist persona I'm sure, something I did expect. Even the Flash happened only because of Snyder's unconventional casting choices. And the character in FB was very specific to his "wheelhouse" and written as Crispin Glover-lite.

I don't think the problem was him being stuck in the "franchise swamp" as much as him not getting enough opportunities outside of it (or even better franchise opportunities than his poorly written role in Fantastic Beasts for that matter).

Edited by Spidey Freak

On 4/16/2020 at 5:03 AM, Spidey Freak said:

I don't think the problem was him being stuck in the "franchise swamp" as much as him not getting enough opportunities outside of it (or even better franchise opportunities than his poorly written role in Fantastic Beasts for that matter).

Ehm... Perhaps it's more: He initially had plenty of opportunities/offers, he's just been very picky...and has a particularly unique personality and difficult working method that haven't done him any favors in the industry.  Just something to consider...