Eric the Minion

Twisters | Uni/WB | July 19, 2024 | A remake (?) to the 1996 classic

24 minutes ago, Flip said:

Feels like the low end for this is $50M. I think this is a film where previews won’t matter too much, and it could do some crazy IM

The walkups could be insane for it. Movies that appeal to the middle of the country do a have a history of underindexing.

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

There are EA screenings Wednesday night but obviously nothing to read into there

Honestly I think studios are just not sure how critics are going to respond anymore. And in the case of Universal they had  really early embargo drops for Monkey Man and The Fall Guy because of SXSW screenings and it did not move the needle in a positive way for either one of them. So why bother. 

On 6/15/2024 at 10:25 AM, emoviefan said:

Honestly I think studios are just not sure how critics are going to respond anymore. And in the case of Universal they had  really early embargo drops for Monkey Man and The Fall Guy because of SXSW screenings and it did not move the needle in a positive way for either one of them. So why bother. 

Not that critics matter for a movie like this. 

Critics simply do no matter when it comes to SFX driven films like this one. People if they go, go for the spectacle regradless of the reviews.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Minions and Deadpool will be big, 100 OW and  200 OW. So if Twister make big money too, it will be one of the biggest July Ever!

I think:

-Despicable Me 4 105m OW and 300m total

-Deadpool 180 m OW and 400m total

-Twister 75m OW and 200m total.

Edited by elinio