Eric is Anxious

Disney+ MCU: She-Hulk: Attorney at Law | August 17, 2022 | Tatiana Maslany stars

This has got to be the most inconsistent marvel show I've seen.

Quality varies from episode to episode.

Hated 1

Liked 2

Cringed at 3

Well this episode is the best so far, enjoyed the cameo and madysn , gets a little to silly at points but had fun with this.

Maslany is good in the role, she hulk is great but I find Jane side quite boring tbh. 

Weakest thing about this show is the writing and showrunners . And at times it really feels they are just throwing shit at the wall to see what works. 

1 hour ago, Mr Terrific said:

I baffled that people are baffled about how a weekly half-hour sitcom works. 

That format isn’t so ancient. 
Quality can vary obviously. 
I really like this show. 

Nah the problem ain't the format. It's writing gets to TLT levels at times.

Some of the most acclaimed shows  are sitcoms and yes they can still be consistent and competent 

This whole "it's a sitcom lol don't take it seriously" is becoming a strawman.

This episode was the best for me because we got Jane/she hulk first major character development. Which has been thin the previous episodes. Law stuff though still silly at points was better in this episode. Episode 3 court sessions got a little to silly and way to dumb . 

I didn’t say criticism can’t be made of a sitcom. I actually said the opposite. 

The consistency of quality is always debatable. I’m not sure where the storytelling lacks competence. 

Its pretty straightforward, linear storytelling. New episode has brief plot that ties in with arc. 

9 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Nah the problem ain't the format. It's writing gets to TLT levels at times.

Some of the most acclaimed shows  are sitcoms and yes they can still be consistent and competent 

This whole "it's a sitcom lol don't take it seriously" is becoming a strawman.

This episode was the best for me because we got Jane/she hulk first major character development. Which has been thin the previous episodes. Law stuff though still silly at points was better in this episode. Episode 3 court sessions got a little to silly and way to dumb . 

I don't think he was talking about you, I've seen people complaining that there is not plot as if a case of the week format is a wild term these days.

But yes the show is "dumb" don't expect Better Call Saul court scenes, the cases are always dumb for a reason, if you don't like it it's fine but yes, the show is not trying to be something else, it was literaly marketed as comedy.

Criticisms is totally fine, but the outrages for things like the twerking scenes has been just nothing but hilarious and show how personal people are getting for this innofensive show.

Edited by Fox20

I like it so far, not a homerun or anything but it's fun and feels fresh.

The CGI on She-Hulk is distracting at times but this has been discussed to death so yeah... depends whether it's annoying to you or not.

I don't like how they portrayed Hulk however, again it seems the character has been "reduced" for lack of a better word to nothing more than a vessel for somebody/something else to happen. 

His appearance in 2012's THE AVENGERS remains his best and it's not even close. Since then he's been a punching bag for writers.

On 9/13/2022 at 8:25 PM, Daxtreme said:

don't like how they portrayed Hulk however, again it seems the character has been "reduced" for lack of a better word to nothing more than a vessel for somebody/something else to happen

100% agree.

5th episode was fine. My only issue was titania felt a little to CW for me . She wasn't  used much though.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

Spoiler

That whole intellegencia webpage doesn't make sense in universe, like why do they hate she hulk . This is just the writers trying to shove a message about internet trolls into the narrative 

They did it in episode 3 ,yeah it was weird but it was short and kind of funny and made me chuckle . 

Like it's so funny how they say she hulk should not focus on them ,it will give them more attention yet the very show is doing the same thing.

Like this is a show about exploring she hulk and not shoving in forced political greivances that don't make sense in the narrative.

I'm gonna stand by this ,the wekeast thing about the show is the writers .

2nd weakest episode ,was boring , uneventful for the most part. The ending was the only good part

Divorce case was straight up cringe and unfunny .

Intellegencia!!! Sorry that whole section was cringe  didn't make sense

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Legion By Night said:

This show was really coasting on Bruce/Blonsky/Wong for first 4. Only 3 left, DD episode should be a freebie (though if not, dear god). Just hope they nail the finale, but like… Marvel is 0 for 7 there, now?

They have been plastering DD on the episode promos for three episodes now which is kind of hilarious bse we have barely got anything on him except that tease and the end of 5.

Like DD is going to be in one episode,the whole marketing for this has been strange , with all the marketing one would assume he will be a considerable part of the series .

Like imagine if it happens he appears in the last episode for a few mins ,that would be so fucking hilarious, internet would lose its mind.

Regarding the finale . We have 3 episodes left and we still don't know who wants her blood . With the episodes being 25mins each 

Chances of finale being rushed and cgi fest seem more probable.

Even Ms marvel , best D+ show imo couldn't resist coming down to a weak finale .

But let's wait and see. 

• Astonished 1