antovolk

Mufasa: The Lion King | December 20, 2024 | Barry Jenkins | Prequel to Favreau's CGI Version

Okay just the trailer 

to me it looks less photorealistic than 2019 one, which is good thing 

will def watch on Disney plus 

also sonic may win domestically but this will absolutely destroy world wide man 

3 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

Ouuu wow they got Beyoncé daughter I guess for ending where they show the future 

I’m gonna guess taka ends up dying 

Taka is Scar

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

Okay just the trailer 

to me it looks less photorealistic than 2019 one, which is good thing 

will def watch on Disney plus 

also sonic may win domestically but this will absolutely destroy world wide man 

Even if it's the better movie, I think Sonic gets smashed tbh.

Edited by SaltyPistola
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Minnale101 said:

Wait they aren’t even blood brothers and mufusa took his kingdom? 

#ScarWasJustifed

They should’ve adapted the Disney Junior show and did a sequel where Scar comes back to life as a fire demon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SaltyPistola said:

Even if it's the better movie, I think Sonic gets smashed tbh.

Yeah like even lion king released in 2019, a lot of people thought and wanted it to underperform. It just got 1.5 billion 

even if this movie with better release date does half that, it beats sonic 

the songs to me really be the indicator though, if lin delivers it’s a wrap

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t understand why they would establish that Mufasa and Scar are not biological brothers. That makes things less interesting. 

Yep. Leave it to modern-day Disney, who've completely lost the plot, to miss the whole point of what made Scar's betrayal of Mufasa so dark and interesting in the original TLK. He does that to his own brother. Way to rob that scene of all its potency by revealing they're not blood brothers. Then again, this movie will be forgotten as quickly as the CG remake from a few years ago, while the 1994 classic will continue to stand tall. This will be the tree that fell in the forrest but no one remembers that it did. 

3 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Leave it to modern-day Disney, who've completely lost the plot, to miss the whole point of what made Scar's betrayal of Mufasa so dark and interesting in the original TLK.

high quality GIF

Maybe it's because I was young at the time, but Scar and Mufasa being brothers was never a plot point  thought about. They looks absolutely different from one another, and they never acted like brothers, even in the original animated film. I thought the interesting part was that he killed Mufasa as Simba watched him do it.

• Like 1

Better than the whole of the last movie. 
Looks like it’s got flair, and a sense of character in the main players.  That dead-eyed soulless issue that plagued the last film, looks like Jenkins has at least tried to address it. A happy medium between photo real and anthropomorphic. 

Pleasantly surprised by this so far.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

high quality GIF

Maybe it's because I was young at the time, but Scar and Mufasa being brothers was never a plot point  thought about. They looks absolutely different from one another, and they never acted like brothers, even in the original animated film. I thought the interesting part was that he killed Mufasa as Simba watched him do it.

"Scar...BROTHER...help me." His last words. Disney, being the boil on the ass of cinema, failing to understand its own legacy in 2024 is not surprising. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw0DXswF5MI

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flopped said:

"Scar...BROTHER...help me." His last words. Disney, being the boil on the ass of cinema, failing to understand its own legacy in 2024 is not surprising. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw0DXswF5MI

... I guess? I'm gonna be honest, I always thought them being brothers was one of the most unbelievable aspects of the film, and them being non-biological brothers would make a lot more sense.

But also, the original was a film where one of the characters literally sings the Small World ride music and a meercat dresses up and does the hula as a joke.

The film's legacy was its animation and music, not the fact that Scar and Mufasa were brothers. 

• Like 1