antovolk

Mufasa: The Lion King | December 20, 2024 | Barry Jenkins | Prequel to Favreau's CGI Version

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I can name a number of "Can't Miss" sequels to very sucessful films that failed at the box office.

TO be honest, I see this doing another Mary Poppins Returns; it does well but not what THe Mouse expected. 

This has a way more commercial and global appeal than MARY POPPINS RETURNS.

21 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Because they didn't (and still haven't) ever publicly announced anyone as writing songs for it 

I think a Disney animated movie being a musical is pretty much a given.

21 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Because they didn't (and still haven't) ever publicly announced anyone as writing songs for it 

Isn't Pharrell supposed to be involved with this in some capacity? That would be a giveaway

The first movie is a souless and stupid waste of time, the still they released for this is awful and yet ... i´m morbidly curious about what Jenkins can put into this [or if he can]

I´m expecting another boring snoozefest, but it wouldn´t completely shock me if this turned out to be those rare surprisingly decent sequels to awful movies [like Ouija 2 from Flanagan]

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

The first movie is a souless and stupid waste of time, the still they released for this is awful and yet ... i´m morbidly curious about what Jenkins can put into this [or if he can]

I´m expecting another boring snoozefest, but it wouldn´t completely shock me if this turned out to be those rare surprisingly decent sequels to awful movies [like Ouija 2 from Flanagan]

If by first movie you mean the ultra real remake, I agree. Of course, that is what I think about all the live action/ultra real animation remakes of classic animated films.

If you mean the 1994 original, you are just wrong,wrong,wrong. It is not my favorite of the Disney animation revival movies, but it damn good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

If by first movie you mean the ultra real remake, I agree. Of course, that is what I think about all the live action/ultra real animation remakes of classic animated films.

If you mean the 1994 original, you are just wrong,wrong,wrong. It is not my favorite of the Disney animation revival movies, but it damn good.

Noooo, it’s the remake hahah 

The original is very good, not my favorite either but undeniably good.

This could make half of the first movie and would probably still qualify as "obscenely successful." Having the words "Lion" and "King" in its title probably already gives it an advantage over other untimely billion dollar sequels that imploded like Alice, Captain Marvel, or Aquaman (which was sort of rescued by the holidays from doing nearly as terrible as it looked it would do).

Hopefully Barry and big budgets work well, not being a slavish remake (down to the shot-framing) of a certified classic already gives this an advantage, though the use of photorealistic animals could be a double-edged sword again.

1 hour ago, Eric Duncan said:

I had a feeling that this is the trailer for Planet of the Apes. Photorealistic Animals in both I guess. That also means that the Moana 2 trailer will be released to play in front of Inside Out 2, even though that movie comes out earlier ^^

27 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

I had a feeling that this is the trailer for Planet of the Apes. Photorealistic Animals in both I guess. That also means that the Moana 2 trailer will be released to play in front of Inside Out 2, even though that movie comes out earlier ^^

Moana 2 might not even be ready for a trailer until June tbh.