lorddemaxus

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City | November 24, 2021 | Kaya Scodelario as Claire, Robbie Amell as Chris, Hannah John-Kamen as Jill, Avan Jogia as Leon

3 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

RIP in Peace?

A truly well thought out response by them. Here are the Resident Evil RT scores from 1st movie to the last 1

Not sure anyone expects this to score well with the critics. It never has and never will. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

A truly well thought out response by them. Here are the Resident Evil RT scores from 1st movie to the last 1

Not sure anyone expects this to score well with the critics. It never has and never will. 

I mean why are saying Rest In Peace In Peace?

3 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

I mean why are saying Rest In Peace In Peace?

The movie is poorly reviewed by the critics so it will bomb I guess.

Newsflash, its only a few reviews so chill for a few hours. Reviews don't matter for this franchise anyway as evidence by low scores for all 6 from critics. 

Meh. I give Roberts points for ditching Anderson's horror-flavored action approach and trying to emulate those early games' mood/atmosphere and clearly as a John Carpenter fanboy he tried to take notes from Assault on Precinct 13, The Fog, Prince of Darkness etc. in terms of establishing a foreboding ambiance before dropping the hammer when things go to hell. But his attempts to establish mood lacks heat and that hammer's fall has the might of a pillow. That one scene set in a dark room was the one exception where I thought "OK that works." Doesn't help that the cast (a mix of character actors and TV regulars) is horribly directed and forced to work with some ghastly dialogue. Hey Shang-Chi, I owe you an apology for complaining about your expositional dumps. That's nothing compared to what we have here. Jesus. And what's with the anticlimatic finish? For an action setpiece meant to conclude your movie, it feels like a set-up for a bigger one except said bigger one got deleted. 

I give this 5/10. Best Resident Evil movie yet? Yes, but that's not a high bar to clear. Certainly stylishly more interesting to look at than Anderson's work, but still hollow. 

Also Mr. Roberts, I was a teenager in 1998. Even a dude in his 30s would've known what a chat room is. It was already a pretty ubiquitous term in pop culture by that point. 

(When Neal McDonough is your villain and you don't go full-tilt ham, what's the point? Funny how he also was the baddie in another not so good video game movie reboot in Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li and appeared in the recent Sonic film.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Is it lack of screenings/screeners given out or do critics just not care to review it? Barely any of the major trades have reviewed it.

That and Sony dumped this basically. Remember the trailer didn't drop until last month. 

9 hours ago, Krissykins said:

You wouldn’t know it was opening here in the UK, btw. Absolutely nothing for it, not even digital/social media ads. 

Yeah, I feel the marketing campaign has been very muted, which is sad because after seeing it, I could have seen it being a cute little hit.

• Like 1

Annoyed by how much was excluded due to them condensing the first 3 games into one movie (Lisa is reduced to just a creepy girl, no Mr X, no giant animals, and the entirety of RE 3 is non-existent), but this was a fun straight to DVD Carpenter riff with shit that made the RE fan in me go "fuck yeah". 

• Like 4