YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

27 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

I won't believe this will be exclusive until I buy my ticket lol

I still have my doubts it'll be "exclusive" but I'm hoping the dissent has become loud enough now that they'll at least keep some kind of theatrical engagement even if there is another covid surge. It's becoming increasingly untenable as an excuse.

• Like 2

I just calculated how many days prior their releases, Disney announced the strategies for their animated movies:
-They announced Soul was a D+ exclusive on October 9th, 42 days before it's tentative November 20th theatrical date, and 77 days before D+

-Raya's Premiere Access was announced on December 10th (as a part of Investor's Day), 85 days before it's March 5th release date.
-Luca was announced as a D+ exclusive on March 23rd (same day they announced MCU shifts, and Cruella's Premiere Access), 
-Encanto's 30 days window was announced on September 11th (same day they announced 45+ day windows for Eternals, and some Fox movies), 74 days before it's theatrical release

-Turning Red theatrical release was cancelled on January 7th, 63 days before March 11th.

We should know what happens with Lightyear on mid/late April.

Edited by Grebacio

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Same-Sex Kiss Restored in Pixar’s ‘Lightyear’ Following Staff Uproar Over ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill (EXCLUSIVE)

Pixar's Lightyear Restores Same-Sex Kiss After Don't Say Gay Uproar - Variety

I’m glad Chapek got forced to put it back but I expect it to be on the level of the TROS kiss where they can still edit it out easily.

• Like 3

does feature a significant female character, Hawthorne (voiced by Uzo Aduba)

Wait, both Uzo Aduba and Keke Palmer are in this movie?

There's more than one black person in a Pixar movie? And it's not about jazz?

We're really moving up.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Wait, both Uzo Aduba and Keke Palmer are in this movie?

There's more than one black person in a Pixar movie? And it's not about jazz?

We're really moving up.

I’m really excited for the Ashton Corbin movie. Bought time a sister gets to direct an animated film.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Same-Sex Kiss Restored in Pixar’s ‘Lightyear’ Following Staff Uproar Over ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill (EXCLUSIVE)

Pixar's Lightyear Restores Same-Sex Kiss After Don't Say Gay Uproar - Variety

That’s bad! Children shouldn’t be taught about this stuff at such a young age! That’s grooming! 

(This is a joke, by the way)

Great to see public pressure already allowing for things to change that are just months away from release!

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

I’m really excited for the Ashton Corbin movie. Bought time a sister gets to direct an animated film.

I'm going to assume autocorrect got you with this one but it is Aphton Corbin, I wasn't aware she was working on full length film though so thanks for the heads up.

If anyone is interested in her work she directed Twenty Something which was a pretty great Spark Short on Disney+

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Potiki said:

I'm going to assume autocorrect got you with this one but it is Aphton Corbin, I wasn't aware she was working on full length film though so thanks for the heads up.

If anyone is interested in her work she directed Twenty Something which was a pretty great Spark Short on Disney+

My bad, autocorrect got me but yes she is working on a feature film soon. My guess is it is one of the 2024 films.

• Like 2

Uggggggh he’s doing the Fake captain America voice that he used for when Steve he was doing the promotional materials/USO shit/PSAs. I cannot handle it.  I hate him. 

And they call him Captain 👀👀👀👀

• Haha 1