Eric S'ennui

Nope | Jordan Peele | Keke Palmer, Daniel Kaluuya, Steven Yeun star | July 22, 2022

58 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

I just realized that this will most likely be on PVOD (which menas it will also be on 4k on piracy sites) the week it releases overseas

Not necessarily. Universal seems to be doing different release models for each film (The Black Phone was released on VOD after 3 weeks and JWD after 6). And I wouldn't be surprised if Peele demanded a bigger theatrical window in his contract.

3 hours ago, Lestranger said:

Not so sure, I saw a few reactions that were pretty poor. Will be hard to tell until general audience see it on Thursday. But the buzz feels back on, or maybe that is just social media bubble. This is what RT approved critic has to say:

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

47 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Why these people gets so pressed because they disagreed with the overall feeling so far?

Maybe reviews tomorrow will be indeed of people disappointed, who knows. But these insinuations that people who said they liked are lying is so petty.

Why are you getting pressed about this lol? These people aren't insinuating that critics who liked them are lying either.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Why these people gets so pressed because they disagreed with the overall feeling so far?

Maybe reviews tomorrow will be indeed of people disappointed, who knows. But these insinuations that people who said they liked are lying is so petty.

Critics are often too hard on ambitious big swing movies. 

I mean the rave reactions are really rave and for what you can say with just a tweet they are really clear of what they liked about the movie and they seem sincere.

It's not something like "captain marvel is the best marvel movie since the last and oh my god that cat is so cute".

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why are you getting pressed about this lol? These people aren't insinuating that critics who liked them are lying either.

He's literally saying that people are afraid of telling the truth. In my dictionary, yeah, he's accusing people of lying based on his own experience and anedoctal evidences. Why are you pressed to defend someone before even knowing what they're really talking lol?

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I mean the rave reactions are really rave and for what you can say with just a tweet they are really clear of what they liked about the movie and they seem sincere.

It's not something like "captain marvel is the best marvel movie since the last and oh my god that cat is so cute".

Right? I'm not even defending the movie since i didn't saw it. 

It's absolutely possible that reviews tomorrow will be divisive, but work as a movie critic and find a way to dismiss other people opinions because you disagreed with them is absurd. 

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

He's literally saying that people are afraid of telling the truth. In my dictionary, yeah, he's accusing people of lying based on his own experience and anedoctal evidences. Why are you pressed to defend someone before even knowing what they're really talking lol?

Or maybe that just liked the film. He is having a meltdown because people don’t agree with him.SMH

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Right? I'm not even defending the movie since i didn't saw it. 

It's absolutely possible that reviews tomorrow will be divisive, but work as a movie critic and find a way to dismiss other people opinions because you disagreed with them is absurd. 

I'm not sure what his problem is with the people who just tweeted genuinely positive things? cause there are some tweets that straight up do sound like they have no opinion on the film and I think those might be the ones who are afraid to say what they think or are waiting to see the consensus before having a take. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Hoping the reviews are good enough for Keke to be in the awards conversation. I'm sue the box office will be fine regardless. 

If Lupita couldn't make it with 93 on RT and a much baitier role, I doubt Keke is getting anywhere near. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

If Lupita couldn't make it with 93 on RT and a much baitier role, I doubt Keke is getting anywhere near. 

We haven't seen the film we don't know how baity the role is lol. 💀

I know it's a long shot but if this is sent in as a comedy she could possibly get a GG nom. 

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

We haven't seen the film we don't know how baity the role is lol. 💀

I know it's a long shot but if this is sent in as a comedy she could possibly get a GG nom. 

We knew right off the bat that Lupita's performance was a huge showcase, like that trailer alone built her buzz. 

• Like 1