cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

https://deadline.com/2023/01/dc-movie-tv-plan-james-gunn-peter-safran-batman-swamp-thing-green-lantern-1235244926/

“We’re going to promise that everything from our first project forward is going to be unified,” said Gunn.

“But we’ve gotten very lucky for the next four projects,” added the filmmaker on the slate that was previously shepherded by former DC boss Walter Hamada.

Then wiping away any doubt about the future of Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, and Zachary Levi’s Shazam, Safran emphasized, “These four movies are terrific. There’s no reason why any of the characters or the actors that play in those characters are not part of the DCU. There’s nothing that prohibits that from happening.”

“We’ll incorporate characters from the past, but mostly we’ll cast anew,” added the producer of Aquaman and Suicide Squad.

Then there’s Blue Beetle on Aug. 18 “that sort of has it’s own world and fits in directly into our DCU” followed by Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom on Christmas Day which leads into the universe that Gunn and Safran are mapping out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, belblazer said:

Trailer coming soon according to George Lopez.

And according to BSL it will be release before a big April movie. Mario maybe?

Probably Mario. That gives marketing about three months to swing into a higher gear. That or Evil Dead Rise because that’s the next Warner Bros. film, but I don’t know why the heck they’d debut it with that.

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Shazam 2 wasn’t supposed  to make only 65m domestically and 140m worldwide either 

Nah, that was way more likely of happening. This making sub-100 mil would be on another level of bad

Edited by lorddemaxus

This is gonna be nothing but a Shazam 2.0 and I'll be 100% fine with it. Even with the help of latino community in the US.

Not only in history but in box office. The budget is the same, the comments from screenings are clear that the movie is about family and I doubt it will rely a lot in action and I also doubt that WB will spent a lot on marketing.

I think it's enough to profit since the budget is only $100M.

43 minutes ago, belblazer said:

This is gonna be nothing but a Shazam 2.0 and I'll be 100% fine with it. Even with the help of latino community in the US.

Not only in history but in box office. The budget is the same, the comments from screenings are clear that the movie is about family and I doubt it will rely a lot in action and I also doubt that WB will spent a lot on marketing.

I think it's enough to profit since the budget is only $100M.

100m budget would mean a massive flop. Wong be touching 200m worldwide 

18 minutes ago, John Marston said:

100m budget would mean a massive flop. Wong be touching 200m worldwide 

You should make clear on your posts that this is what you want to happen bc most of times looks like you are trolling. I'm referring to the first Shazam, which had a good profit and had the same exact budget and similar plot/history.

___

I still think they should move this to September to try to market it for the latin heritage month in the US.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

I can't see how it avoids the same fate as Shazam 2.

Btw, I wasn't being sarcastic lol,

I saw some (four) very good reactions, so until Aquaman II dc stans can breathe a sigh of relief imo.

I have only commented on the impressions that test screenings reactions of some films have left me, I don't pretend to be a attention whore scooper (I would post tweets in such a case). We'll see if I'm spot on again... bc Babylon had amazing test screenings but critics panned it.

Edited by Lighthouse

I think this will play pretty similar to shazam 2, maybe slightly better with some more goodwill from LATAM and latino community in the US compared to shazam, and maybe it legs out slightly better since WB must have seen something in this to promote it to theatrical instead of writing it off I assume (at the very least they were smart enough to put it away from the summer carnage). Maybe it breaks even but I wouldn't expect more than that at best personally.

Edited by JustLurking

6 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Btw, I wasn't being sarcastic lol,

I saw some (four) very good reactions, so until Aquaman II dc stans can breathe a sigh of relief imo.

I have only commented on the impressions that test screenings reactions of some films have left me, I don't pretend to be a attention whore scooper (I would post tweets in such a case). We'll see if I'm spot on again... bc Babylon had amazing test screenings but critics panned it.

Sure - just meant box office wise, I can see it being another Shazam 2. Good quality, appeal to families and latino demos and the overall market may help it become a modest hit, but I can't see it right now.