cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

4 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That honestly makes him worse, as all I hear regularly about that movie is how awful it is. And given that it was an intended theatrical tentpole that got dumped on Netflix, that's not a surprising sentiment to hear.

Luce was pretty good and far more interesting than most of the non-MCU work from the other directors in this franchise. Haven’t seen Paradox but seems like that had a lot of studio nonsense going on

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

This isn't an indie director though. His last movie was a Cloverfield...sequel?

I’m a Cloverfield diehard, who thinks 10 Cloverfield Lane was fantastic. I watched Paradox immediately after I was done partying that Super Bowl night. It was absolutely terrible. Edited to crap, derivative of other space horror films, the connections to Cloverfield were clearly slapped on so the film could be marketed as Cloverfield, to salvage the stinker.

I was flabbergasted when Onah was fired for Cap 4.

3 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I’m a Cloverfield diehard, who thinks 10 Cloverfield Lane was fantastic. I watched Paradox immediately after I was done partying that Super Bowl night. It was absolutely terrible. Edited to crap, derivative of other space horror films, the connections to Cloverfield were clearly slapped on so the film could be marketed as Cloverfield, to salvage the stinker.

I was flabbergasted when Onah was fired for Cap 4.

Hollywood is a what have you done for me lately business. Luce's critical success is mainly why he was hired here. It's also why Hollywood took a chance on Horizon and not Megalopolis. Costner had the goodwill from Yellowstone whereas FFC hadn't worked on a film of that scale since 1992

5 hours ago, Reddroast said:

Hollywood is a what have you done for me lately business. Luce's critical success is mainly why he was hired here. It's also why Hollywood took a chance on Horizon and not Megalopolis. Costner had the goodwill from Yellowstone whereas FFC hadn't worked on a film of that scale since 1992

By all accounts, though, Horizon is a better film than Megalopolis. Not significantly better, but better, despite the former not even being a full movie. I don't quite understand your point about Costner/FFC. "Hollywood" made the right decision.

On 10/12/2024 at 5:36 PM, John Marston said:

I’m the farthest from a Marvel fanboy but the movie isn’t done. It’s months away. Also the whole point of test screenings is to try and fix things that people complain about. 

ita clear to me though they have to stop hiring these unexoerienced  indie directors. 

for me we shouldn't expect much more than an enjoyable film. there were many """"problems""" behind this film so it's understandable to have cap4 not at the top

having said that people are not well. either a film is beautiful or it sucks. but don't you consider a middle ground?

25 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

Before Moana 2 would be my bet.

Moana 2 doesn’t make sense. They don’t attach a CBM trailer to their animation. Moana 2 will likely get a new Elio teaser and some combination or choice of Mufasa, Snow White and Lilo and Stitch - my money is on Stitch.

You might see a new trailer around when Gladiator II/Red One opens.

2 hours ago, toutvabien said:

No word on a new trailer for this one yet? Was sure they'd get something to play in front of Venom.

I mean the week is not over yet. Marvel does not always announce when they will drop trailers up until a day before or sometimes they just pop up some morning unannounced.

Edited by emoviefan

10 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I mean the week is not over yet. Marvel does not always announce when they will drop trailers up until a day before or sometimes they just pop up some morning announced.

What are the damn scoopers doing? Other than claiming they know shit about the Scarlet Witch movie which probably has no finished treatment yet?

2 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

What are the damn scoopers doing? Other than claiming they know shit about the Scarlet Witch movie which probably has no finished treatment yet?

Well they can only report on what they know or what they think they know or sometimes they just plain make shit up for clicks.

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The trailer with D&W is the only trailer we will get! Wouldn't that be wild?

Don;t think so. The movie is still almost 4 months away. Even if the movie is terrible and they are giving up on it they want to make as  much money as possible.

Edited by emoviefan

I think the Scarlet Witch movie is for post Secret Wars. And other projects like Nova, Midnight Suns, a likely Ghost Rider project.

I think they just want to wrap up the Multiverse Saga soon to then "start again" in a more organized way, different way of doing shows now, better planning, more exciting projects and just better structure after the rough period post Endgame that led to the studio restructuring.