MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

I also saw that Matthew Modine and Dylan Arnold (the discount Timothee Chalamet who played the boyfriend in the recent Halloween movies) have just joined the cast. If nothing else it feels good knowing two years in advance that we can cross one spot out of five off in the SAG Ensemble category.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I also saw that Matthew Modine and Dylan Arnold (the discount Timothee Chalamet who played the boyfriend in the recent Halloween movies) have just joined the cast. If nothing else it feels good knowing two years in advance that we can cross one spot out of five off in the SAG Ensemble category.

Someone get this hothead outta here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jesus christ this cast is something. It's life Knives Out 2 all over again, hell at this point I'm expecting people from this forum to be cast in the movie.

I just hope the story power is enough to match the star power. Because these days I get a little wary when I see a cast is a bit too filled with a bunch of big names. 

Edited by clockwork
  • Haha 2

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Is this black and white or just the photo?

As far as I know, it's just the photo.

Also:

The Universal feature, which has started production in New Mexico, has also added Kenneth Branagh to the call sheet, along with actor Michael Angarano.

Christopher Nolan’s ‘Oppenheimer’ Unveils Look at Cillian Murphy – The Hollywood Reporter

Good god.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, clockwork said:

Jesus christ this cast is something. It's life Knives Out 2 all over again, hell at this point I'm expecting people from this forum to be cast in the movie.

I just hope the story power is enough to match the star power. Because these days I get a little wary when I see a cast is a bit too filled with a bunch of big names. 

cast me Nolan senpai

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Parts of the movie will be in black and white according to indiewire. Gonna be the first movie ever to use IMAX black and white film.

Hoyte Van Hoytema Oscar incoming

Will this be the highest grossing Black and White film? (Not counting inflation)

I'd assume Schindler's List is #1 at 96.8m domestic (a staggering 322m WW).

• Like 1

I feel like Nolan's last 3 films, including this one, are Nolan playing around with the stuff he did in Memento. In Dunkirk, it was the crosscutting between multiple timelines that connect together in various ways, in Tenet it was the loop structure and Nolan literalizing the obfuscation of cause and effect in Memento, and now he's mixing black and white with color footage.