MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

On 9/9/2021 at 7:22 PM, MrPink said:

I'm glad a Nolan thread is finally MINE.

Fuck you Neo, and whoever opened the Tenet/Dunkirk threads. 

I felt pretty legit, when I was first to create the "Black Widow" thread. B) congrats.

16 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Not sure how public it's known, but Zimmer and Nolan full-on fell out when scoring Dunkirk. The 'busy with Dune' reason for him not scoring Tenet was all media talk.

I've heard some rumors, but couldn't really tell how true they were. But as an excuse, it didn't make that much sense considering he scored NTTD and others.

FWIW, I saw him in concert the day Dunkirk came out and he spoke fondly of Chris, so was it just like a partnership dissolve or do they full on hate each other lol

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

So the 100 day agreement means this will be available to watch at home by the end of October. Using Dunkirk (same exact release date) as a comparison, that movie played in 1K+ theaters for 9 weeks (little competition for auditorium space meant it had little problem holding onto theaters for a prolonged period of time) so it makes sense.

14 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I've heard some rumors, but couldn't really tell how true they were. But as an excuse, it didn't make that much sense considering he scored NTTD and others.

FWIW, I saw him in concert the day Dunkirk came out and he spoke fondly of Chris, so was it just like a partnership dissolve or do they full on hate each other lol

The former. What I heard was that Zimmer felt like he offered nothing to Dunkirk (the melodic/substantial parts are all Wallfisch). Nolan was really particular about what he wanted, which was the opposite of all their previous collaborations. He 'politely' said that it this was a Chris Nolan score during press if I'm remembering correctly.

Zimmer was touring at the time which I heard soured the connection.

• Like 1

NOLAN COMEBACK MOVIE 

Couldn't be more interested in this but it's financial prospects seem dim? Unless they add in random war action. Wouldn't mind at all seeing Nolan's takes on PEARL HARBOR and BLITZKRIEG and WW2 American paranoia.  

Also Murphy is the early and instant favorite for best actor.

Edited by excel1

36 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Not sure how public it's known, but Zimmer and Nolan full-on fell out when scoring Dunkirk. The 'busy with Dune' reason for him not scoring Tenet was all media talk.

I believe it.

Here's Nolan talking about Zimmer:

We fight like cats and dogs but in the best, the most productive way. We love each other, with everything that comes with that. We fight like brothers at times and we love like brothers. 

It’s an extraordinary partnership and a wonderful creative collaboration, but we do things and dive into things fully. And when you do that, passions run high. Always with great respect for each other and great love for each other, but we do challenge each other, and we do fight about things. But I think in the best way possible.

I am not trying to be 55 years old and going to work to "fight like brothers" with someone that isn't my brother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2021 at 7:57 PM, MrPink said:

Ok, Eric, you know I love you. I didn't mean to do you like that.

Having said that, I'm gonna leave it like this for a while until we have more details. 

We have more details. Give me Papa Nolan now 😠